DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 19 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 Todo List

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Sorry I keep adding stuff but reading I remember things I would love to see... hope it helps!

It would help if Limitations are checked even during character creation: "Remember, your Traveller may have a maximum number of skill levels equal to three times his combined INT and EDU score. If they already have this many skills after leaving a career, any additional skills may only be learned to level 0."
    That is usually something a Referee would forget to check and the MGT2 ruleset could very easily verify for you.

Maybe that is already taken care of... but have not tested if it would let me add skills beyond the Limit 3xINT+EDU on skills not level 0.

Best regards!
    It's not taken care of, but could be done so. Not had many characters with many many skills to come near to the total and when I did that char had 11 Int and 13 Edu! Even the Aslan Marine who had 3 Int and 4 Edu didn't hit the 21 points limit. Though might have done if took further terms etc.

Regarding experience and training. Experience is only Companion, in Companion Training is very different.

"Travellers who are into self-improvement or learning a new job can gain experience through training or study. The typical Traveller who reads the odd journal, tries out a few things from time to time, and occasionally has a burst of dedication and puts in some actual work, will gain 1 Dedicated Experience point per six months of game time. However much a Traveller may protest that he studies avidly in every available minute, few can keep up full-time study alongside their day job of crewing a starship, defending the free galaxy, or whatever it is they do for a living."

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

A request/suggestion

When fleshing out a PC's Allies, contacts e.c.t field becomes very full on the PC's front page.
    Maybe make it possible to drag a link to a NPC to the allies field. Then you have the option to set up a contacts as NPC with more details

Currently, it is necessary to create an unarmed weapon to have an unarmed combat action for NPC; correct?

Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    Currently, it is necessary to create an unarmed weapon to have an unarmed combat action for NPC; correct?
    You should be able to drag the unarmed attack from the weapons section of equipment directly into the weapons section of the NPC sheet. It may be necessary to adjust the damage to reflect the strength of the NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    A request/suggestion

When fleshing out a PC's Allies, contacts e.c.t field becomes very full on the PC's front page.
    Maybe make it possible to drag a link to a NPC to the allies field. Then you have the option to set up a contacts as NPC with more details
    Hi Boldtaar,

For the Companion book I'm going to rejig the Character sheet and like you, one of my characters has a lot of Allies and Contacts and that little box just isn't big enough for all the details. What I may do is move things about.

For example, the Armour section, I'm planning on moving this onto the Inventory Tab, that would allow more space to make the Allies/Contacts/Enemies a normal 'text area' where links can be dragged.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

An update to worlds, to include berthing fees, fuel costs etc. for starport & downport would be greatly appreciated
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

There was a plan awhile back to incorporate these fields but it probably got lost in all of the other stuff that was being requested. Hopefully it will make it back on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    An update to worlds, to include berthing fees, fuel costs etc. for starport & downport would be greatly appreciated
    Yep, can be added in, can you point out which book has this info so I can double check it all please.

Just heading home, back in a bit.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Yep, can be added in, can you point out which book has this info so I can double check it all please.

Just heading home, back in a bit.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Most info is on page 225 of the core rules. The presence of high or down ports isn't really specified in MGT, just a paragraph about highport presence is generally richer worlds.

I actually posted to 1.1.1 just a bit ago requesting an 'extras' field so refs can do quick info like this on the main tab and keep notes for larger description text.

Thread Information