DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 Todo List

MGT2 Todo List

Folks,

This is my current to-do list, it includes general work and specific work. I'll edit this post as more needs are added, or completed or removed.

Official Books, Adventures, Campaigns and Box sets still to be converted for FG
    • Pirates of Drinax Box set (Books 1,2 3 converted, now creating Story Entries for Book 1)
    • Drinaxian Companion
    • Book 5 - Traveller Companion (Started, 90% text conversion done, 0% data)
    • JTAS Books 2 of 6
    • The Glorious Empire
    • Sword Worlds
    • JTAS Books 3 of 6
    • Skandersvik
    • JTAS Books 4 of 6
    • Shadows of Sindal
    • Book 4 - Vehicle Handbook
    • JTAS Books 5 of 6
    • Aliens of Charted Space: Volume 2
    • Element Class Cruisers Box Set
    • JTAS Books 6
    • Deepnight Revelation
    • Starter Set

Please note that list is always subject to change, depending on player need, Mongoose needs and my own. For example, I've already started on Pirates of Drinax as I'm running it, but the Ships/Ship Combat stuff is in High Guard which won't be available for a while (it's a lot of work).

Ruleset Features
    • Characteristics - Add support for Traveller Companion additional characteristics (coming in v1.2.1)
    • Hit Location and Damage Mods - Add the Hit Location tables from Traveller Companion
    • Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet
    • Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied
    • Overhaul Equipment so that effects can be added without the need for custom ruleset work
    • Add Resistances/Vulnerabilities allowing for percentage minus/extra, 1 damager per die etc.
    • Allow attacks to do special over-the-time damage, such as Poisons/Acids
    • Expand Party sheet to allow group rolls for skills such as Recon

If you can think of something then please comment.

Completed official works available for purchase
    • Book 1 - Core rulebook
    • Book 2 - Central Supply Catalogue
    • Book 3 - High Guard
    • Reach Adventure 1 - Marooned on Marduk
    • Reach Adventure 2 - Theories of Everything
    • Reach Adventure 3 - The Calixcuel Incident
    • Reach Adventure 4 - Last Flight of the Amuar
    • Reach Adventure 5 - The Borderland Run
    • Reach Adventure 6 - Exodus
    • Reach Adventure 7 - The Last Train Out of Rakken-Goll
    • Marches Adventure 1 - High and Dry
    • Spinward Marches 1 - The Bowman Arm
    • Spinward Marches 2 - The Lunion Shield Words
    • Referee's Briefing 1 - Corporations and Companies
    • Referee's Briefing 2 - Anomalies and Wonders
    • Referee's Briefing 3 - Going Portside
    • Referee's Briefing 4 - Mercenary Forces

Completed official works in/awaiting Testing
    • Behind the Claw (waiting on SW testing)
    • Marches Adventure 2 - Mission to Mithril (waiting on SW testing)
    • Referee's Briefing 5 - Incidents and Encounters (waiting on SW testing)
    • Referee's Briefing 6 - Garden Worlds (waiting on SW testing)
    • Great Rift Box set (waiting on Internal testing)
    • Aliens of Charted Space: Volume 1 (waiting on Internal testing)
    • JTAS Book 1 (waiting to send to SmiteWorks)

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; February 1st, 2021 at 15:47. Reason: Updated list
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Is it possible to make the World data player readable? I'd like to be able to enter information about systems and worlds that the players can read so that they can do lookups in FG and see the info that I've put into the world for them.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Is it possible to make the World data player readable? I'd like to be able to enter information about systems and worlds that the players can read so that they can do lookups in FG and see the info that I've put into the world for them.
    Well, i did the usual tests, and you can take the world link, and drop it on a player. That worked for me.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

I suppose I can do that, just a lot of dragging to unlock everything. It's okay though I'm going to use an alternate solution for system data.

I suppose I can do that, just a lot of dragging to unlock everything. It's okay though I'm going to use an alternate solution for system data.
    Chap,

Let me look into adding a 'Share' option to the Worlds Data, that could be super useful.

On got it, when you are inside the World, you can right click and share that with the players - is this ok?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; October 28th, 2019 at 18:07.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Chap,

Let me look into adding a 'Share' option to the Worlds Data, that could be super useful.

Cheers,
    MBM
    It would be super useful.

It would be super useful.
    Just posted onto my Twitter a screenshot. I went into a World, right-clicked, selected 'Share' and my player got access to it. I can't find an example of anywhere when you can right-click on a list of data (say Items) and then share.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi,

I'm new (ish) to the forum at least and am very excited to see this progress (maybe too excited as I have already bought everything currently available.....) and 'inflict' some of the adventures on my players.

They are mostly 5e and Pathfinder people so might not be quite ready for the brutality (which I think is the best word) of the combat in Traveller let alone all of the rest of the action. Looking to, at a convenient point in this Pathfinder AP, to do the Pirates of Drinax open adventure.

Especially looking forward to your take (stolen or otherwise I hear) on the ship combat.

I like what I see so far. Good luck.

Tails........

Out of curiosity is the plan still to build off the Starfinder ship system? I've been following the development and it looks like it would be a good base. Just wondering if you've changed your mind from way back when.

Out of curiosity is the plan still to build off the Starfinder ship system? I've been following the development and it looks like it would be a good base. Just wondering if you've changed your mind from way back when.
    Hi Esmdev,

The plan is to get the basics released with v1.1.0 which has the code required for Central Supply Catalogue, and during the CSC branch (v1.1.X) start to make the ship data better and better.

Started on v1.1.0 yesterday..... should drop around New Year time.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information