FAQ's for MGT2/MGT1

Hi All,

This thread will show questions and answers for both current Traveller rulesets, MGT2 and MGT1. **This is a work in progress, it will be built up over time**

Q: For a new weapon in MGT2, what's the type to enter and what sub-types are supported?
    A: If you wish to a new weapon, enter Weapons in the Type field. Upon leaving the Type field the fields will change. The currrent sub-types are Melee Weapons and Grenades - every other Weapon is treated as a Ranged Weapon.

Q: When we create our characters and then first enter combat, we're insta-killed because our 'Current Values' (shown on the actions tab) are all at 0.
    A: When characters are made the current values are not adjusted. This is because there's no link and the reason for this, if your End during a game is reduced by 1 point (semi-perm for example) and your End current value was on 3, should that become 2? And what if it was on 0? There's a little button attached to each Current Value, click that and it resets it to Max.

Q: How can I use the UWP to create the World Data for a world
    A: Up-to version 1.0.3. the UWP is based on the MGT1 format: 0407 D000300-9 S As Lo Va G this equates to HexCode Physical Stats Base Codes Trade Codes Travel Code
    A: From version 1.0.3 the parser was re-written and supports the MGT1 format with/without the Hex Code.

Q: What are the Weapon Damage Types?
    A: At the moment these are the currently supported, note that they don't do anything special yet, once effects are in place damage such as ongoing fire/radiation etc could be automated
    • kinetic
    • laser
    • psionic
    • radiation
    • energy
    • plasma
    • stun
    • fire
    • corrosive
    • ap*
    • sap*
    • super-a*

* for 2300AD (Mongoose edition 1)

Q: My character has a low END and in 1E there is a side rule that allowed a different physical stat to be used.
    A: New options have been added to allow each character to specify what order damage it taken off of END/STR/STA and what order they are healed as well. Whilst this isn't canon it's a fitting house rule. The Companion book (Book 5) introduces the idea of random damage
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; December 1st, 2019 at 13:40. Reason: Added FAQ for Damage Characteristics

I was helping my roommate with some equipment he wanted to add and had to go digging deep into the forums to find the damage type list so I thought I'd drop it here in case anyone else was looking.

Damage Types available:

"kinetic"
    "laser"
    "psionic"
    "radiation"
    "stun"
    "fire"

And for 2300 (part of 1E ruleset though as 2300 was built on 1E)

"SAP"
    "AP"
    "Super-AP"
    "APHE"

Thread Information