DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FAQ's for MGT2/MGT1

Hi All,

This thread will show questions and answers for both current Traveller rulesets, MGT2 and MGT1. **This is a work in progress, it will be built up over time**

Q: How do I add a PC ship?
    A: In the PC List, create a new ship, give it a name, and then if you want, drag an NPC ship/other ship and it will copy that ships details over to the newly created ship. Don't forget to add drag this ship into the Party Sheet Ships Tab.

Q: How do I assign crew to a PC Ship?
    A: The Ship has to have been added to the Player Sheet Ship's Tab. You then can drag a players icon from their Character Sheet into the Crew Area and they'll be added as a Passenger. The player may edit their role on their Character Sheet under the Ships Tab.

Q: I'm playing 1st Edition and would like to upgrade to 2nd Edition, how can I do this
    A: Check out this link, a thread that LordNanoc created for this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-to-2E-ruleset

Q: When I set my characteristic in my Skills Tab, it's reporting -3 for any characteristic as the DM. Why is this?
    A: v1.1.4 introduced that Skill/Action rolls the DM is based on the 'Current' value of a characteristic. The current value is stored in the Actions Tab. Make sure those are correctly set and then the DM's will report correctly.

Q: For a new weapon in MGT2, what's the type to enter and what sub-types are supported?
    A: If you wish to a new weapon, enter Weapons in the Type field. Upon leaving the Type field the fields will change. The currrent sub-types are Melee Weapons and Grenades - every other Weapon is treated as a Ranged Weapon.

Q: When we create our characters and then first enter combat, we're insta-killed because our 'Current Values' (shown on the actions tab) are all at 0.
    A: When characters are made the current values are not adjusted. This is because there's no link and the reason for this, if your End during a game is reduced by 1 point (semi-perm for example) and your End current value was on 3, should that become 2? And what if it was on 0? There's a little button attached to each Current Value, click that and it resets it to Max.

Q: How can I use the UWP to create the World Data for a world
    A: Up-to version 1.0.3. the UWP is based on the MGT1 format: 0407 D000300-9 S As Lo Va G this equates to HexCode Physical Stats Base Codes Trade Codes Travel Code
    A: From version 1.0.3 the parser was re-written and supports the MGT1 format with/without the Hex Code.

Q: What are the Weapon Damage Types?
    A: At the moment these are the currently supported and are checked against Armour. Fire damage will create ongoing damage depending on the result of the attack
    • kinetic
    • laser
    • psionic
    • radiation
    • energy
    • plasma
    • stun
    • fire
    • corrosive
    • ap*
    • sap*
    • super-a*
    • sonic**

* for 2300AD (Mongoose edition 1)
    ** for Aliens of Charted Space Volume 1 (Vargr weapons)

Q: What are the Spacecraft Weapon Damage Types?
    A: At the moment these are the currently supported for Weapon Damages and are checked against Spacecraft Armour
    • laser
    • missile
    • ion
    • radiation

Q: My character has a low END and in 1E there is a side rule that allowed a different physical stat to be used.
    A: New options have been added to allow each character to specify what order damage it taken off of END/STR/STA and what order they are healed as well. Whilst this isn't canon it's a fitting house rule. The Companion book (Book 5) introduces the idea of random damage

Q: I've been creating my own equipment, but I'm unsure what the RecordType field should contain.
    A: Here's a list of them all, note 10+ are purely for Central Supply Catalogue (though you don't need that Module to create the data)

0 - Armour
    1 - Augments
    2 - Electronics, communications
    3 - Computers
    4 - Medical Supplies
    5 - Robots and drones
    6 - Sensors
    7 - Survival Gear
    8 - Toolkits
    9 - Weapons
    10 - Unused atm, was to be used for Heavy Weapons
    11 - Ammunition
    12 - Sighting aids
    13 - Miscellaneous

Q: In the Combat Trackers, what's the iMod field for?
    This allows you to add any Initiative Modifiers, which don't change the Init Result, but modify the position in the Init order.

Q: I've added a set of armour for my character, but it's not showing up in the list on the main page on the character sheet, the party sheet and doesn't remove damage?
    A: When you add an item, it's marked as Carried (assuming it's less than 100kg!). There are 3 settings, Not-Carried, Carried and Worn. Armour needs to be 'Worn' to be shown on the list, party sheet, reduce damage and decrease weight.
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; August 1st, 2021 at 21:16. Reason: Added how do add PC Ship
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

[ Reserved for Future Use ]
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

[ Reserved for Future Use 2 ]

[ Reserved for Future Use 3 ]

I was helping my roommate with some equipment he wanted to add and had to go digging deep into the forums to find the damage type list so I thought I'd drop it here in case anyone else was looking.

Damage Types available:

"kinetic"
    "laser"
    "psionic"
    "radiation"
    "stun"
    "fire"

And for 2300 (part of 1E ruleset though as 2300 was built on 1E)

"SAP"
    "AP"
    "Super-AP"
    "APHE"

Thread Information