FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is it possible to move an in-progress 5e campaign from FGU to FGC

Hi,

I have been running a 5e campaign using FGU with about 10 to 12 hours of game time now. Unfortunately one of my players is hitting regular crashes and freezes and another only has a Linux machine so hasn't been able to join in. I am now considering shifting to using FGC until FGU has matured a bit more. I tried just copying the directory from one campaign folder to the other but FGC seemed to freeze trying to load it. Not too surprised really, I suspect it works better going in the other direction. Has anyone got any hints on how I can do this wthout rebuilding all the characters and their gear from scratch?

You can try exporting he characters from FGU and then importing them into FGC as your first step.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I suspect you will have issues.

Try this (I have no idea if this works or not). Start a new campaign in Classic with no extensions or modules loaded. Close it down. Then copy the db.xml from the campaign folder in Unity and paste into the Campaign in Classic (thus overwriting the db.xml in the classic campaign). Now start the Classic campaign. If that doesn't work then the chances are high that reversing back to FGC is at best problematic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am going to try that now ... thanks, Trenloe

... and Zacchaeus. It is amazing how quick you can get responses here sometimes!

Thread Information