DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[Avernus] Damage Threshold on vehicles

I'm loving the work on Baldur's Gate - Descent into Avernus

So, vehicles note their damage thresholds in the NPC profiles, but the mechanics of the game don't appear to handle thresholds. It looks like we'll have to restore damage done if it's below the threshold as we play.

Am I missing something?

-rg

There's nothing built into the ruleset for that. I would have any vehicle damage rolls rolled directly to the chat window without targets, so you can apply or not depending on damage done.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Radiating Gnome View Post
    I'm loving the work on Baldur's Gate - Descent into Avernus

So, vehicles note their damage thresholds in the NPC profiles, but the mechanics of the game don't appear to handle thresholds. It looks like we'll have to restore damage done if it's below the threshold as we play.

Am I missing something?

-rg

You can put the following effect on the vehicle in the combat tracker:

Vehicles Damage Threshold; RESIST: 5 acid,bludgeoning,cold,fire,force,lightning,necroti c,piercing,poison,psychic,radiant,slashing,thunder

Then change the "5" to what ever the vehicles damage threshold is and it will no longer take damage unless it exceeds the the number you replaced the "5" with.

Side note: "RESIST: 5 all" doesn't work in 5e for some reason for me, could be cause of some ext. i have.

So you could first try:

Vehicles Damage Threshold; RESIST: 5 all

replace the "5" with whatever the vehicles damage threshold is. If that doesn't work then the first effect should work fine.
    Last edited by Aedus Amaterasu; October 3rd, 2019 at 18:04. Reason: correction
    Ultimate License Holder: Anyone can join my games, you only need the Demo.
    Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time (-4 UTC)
    Currently Running: 5E [D&D] - Homebrew - Saturday Nights, 6pm-10pm Central

I am always looking for a group to join PM me

The Alari Adventure's Guild come JOIN(Discord) us

My Forge Profile:Check out what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by arkontri View Post
    You can put the following effect on the vehicle in the combat tracker:

Vehicles Damage Threshold; RESIST: 5 acid,bludgeoning,cold,fire,force,lightning,necroti c,piercing,poison,psychic,radiant,slashing,thunder
    This doesn't work. The rules for damage threshold is that the item takes no damage if the damage inflicted from a single source is less than the indicated amount. If more damage is taken then all of it gets applied. So in the case of DT 10 no damage at all is taken it the damage is 10 or less. However if 11 points of damage are taken then 11 points of damage is inflicted. If RESIST: 10 is applied the object would only take 1 point of damage if 11 is inflicted.

Incidentally RESIST: 5, all does work (you may have missed out the comma).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This doesn't work. The rules for damage threshold is that the item takes no damage if the damage inflicted from a single source is less than the indicated amount. If more damage is taken then all of it gets applied. So in the case of DT 10 no damage at all is taken it the damage is 10 or less. However if 11 points of damage are taken then 11 points of damage is inflicted. If RESIST: 10 is applied the object would only take 1 point of damage if 11 is inflicted.
    Ah, my mistake, I thought it worked like damage reduction.

Incidentally RESIST: 5, all does work (you may have missed out the comma).
    Oh sweet, thanks, that is indeed why mine wasn't working in my campaign. Thank you.
    Ultimate License Holder: Anyone can join my games, you only need the Demo.
    Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time (-4 UTC)
    Currently Running: 5E [D&D] - Homebrew - Saturday Nights, 6pm-10pm Central

I am always looking for a group to join PM me

The Alari Adventure's Guild come JOIN(Discord) us

My Forge Profile:Check out what I have.

I'm having trouble getting Damage threshold to work, as you and the Fantasygrounds wiki suggested with DT. When I put DT: X, in either Resistance or Immunity field it only registers them as either resistance or immunity vs the damage threshold. Also tried it as a base effect I dragged on, but still not working. I realize this is for boats/and other inanimate objects, but I was trying it out on a creature. I can't see how Fantasy Grounds would care what the character is striking, as long as the attack went to the creature/object and the effect was applied.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf411 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting Damage threshold to work, as you and the Fantasygrounds wiki suggested with DT. When I put DT: X, in either Resistance or Immunity field it only registers them as either resistance or immunity vs the damage threshold. Also tried it as a base effect I dragged on, but still not working. I realize this is for boats/and other inanimate objects, but I was trying it out on a creature. I can't see how Fantasy Grounds would care what the character is striking, as long as the attack went to the creature/object and the effect was applied.

Any thoughts?
    You are doing it wrong somewhere. As you can see from my graphic either adding it from the effects dialog or by creating a trait in the NPC sheet it works. Putting it into the damage resistances/immunities section won't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You are doing it wrong somewhere. As you can see from my graphic either adding it from the effects dialog or by creating a trait in the NPC sheet it works. Putting it into the damage resistances/immunities section won't work.
    Yep, I was trying to be too sneaky, and wanted to make it so that the Damage Threshold only was for physical attacks, so I had done DT: 15, slashing, piercing, bludgeoning which apparently it didn't like, as just doing the DT: 15 works.

Ohh user error.

Thread Information