DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Spacecraft Maps for MGT2?

Are normal "top down" maps available anywhere for Traveller starships? Those Isometric maps in the core rulebook are useless for resolving combat encounters in FG.

Officially, I don't think so unless somewhere there is Mongoose 1E repostiory.

I guess, I am planning on developing a new hobby of going through my 1E pdf's and
    extracting ship plans and running them into cosmographer to build "pretty ship plans".
    Whether any ship plans done in such a matter could ever legally made publicly available
    would entirely depend on Mongoose's forbearance and permission. It would be an
    interesting question if such conversions were allowed (especially if turned into an FG module, which could then be put into the Mongoose Community Products list on Drivethrurpg).

Chumbly

If you go to : https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/downloads.htm

There are 2d maps for both the Core and High Guard ships. Nowhere I know for assorted adventure ships and the like.

Folks,

I've spoken with Mongoose, I've been sent every ship floorplan they have.

I'll tidy these up and add grids to them fitting the floorplan scale and create a module for them, which I'll add to the Core rulebook so you'll get them for free.

I'll do that this weekend.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Awesome, thanks!

Any up date on including the ship floorplans, will they be in the new update?

Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    Any up date on including the ship floorplans, will they be in the new update?
    Hi,

I kind of forgot about these. Mongoose sent me a load but they were, erm, very basic and what was freely available. I'll add a note to myself to put these in with the next update, I'll try and get it to FG on Saturday for next Tuesday.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

That sound great.

It there plans for adding assets for creating custom floorplans with the High Guard expansion?
    Long term i would like to see the floor plans for all the ships in the books added as maps with all the advanced map features for dynamic lights and line of sighs

Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    That sound great.

It there plans for adding assets for creating custom floorplans with the High Guard expansion?
    Long term i would like to see the floor plans for all the ships in the books added as maps with all the advanced map features for dynamic lights and line of sighs
    Hello,

There are no plans for creating custom floorplans, I don't have the first clue as to how (I'm a coder, not a graphics chap). Plus the chapter in Highguard is aimed at the tabletop, not so much the VTT. I do think with FGU something might be possible, but Mongoose are only doing the isometric maps, so it would be a 3rd party that provides them.

So floorplans with advanced features, means you're talking about FGU. I currently don't have FGU installed (I use Linux on my coding laptop/desktop). Soon as it's available I'll have a play. It's going to be a huge job adding some of the plans, the larger ships are MASSIVE!

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information