Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Beta Release v3.3.9

FG v3.3.9 is now in beta testing. The plan is to push the new version in about 3-4 weeks.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Key Things
    1) Always backup your campaign data before running the test version.
    2) If the GM is running on test then all of the players will also be running on test.
    3) If you encounter an issues log them in the relevant testing thread - don't use the generic House of Healing, but use this thread.

Thanks,
    JPG

Updates List

• [CoreRPG+] All filters updated to only apply search after pressing Enter or change fields.
    • [CoreRPG+] Modifier stack drag treated as standard number value.
    • [CoreRPG+] Calendar of Ravnica added to built-in calendars module.
    • [CoreRPG+] Export window updated to prevent invalid file characters in the file name field.
    • [CoreRPG+] Added Share radial menu option to all campaign lists.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC/d20M] Hide party sheet health bar tooltip text for players if Ally health option not set to Detailed.
    • [5E] Class features that grant specializations are added to character feature list, in addition to specialization choice.
    • [5E] Divine Favor spell effect override added for PCs.
    • [5E] Added spell text parsing support for single round ongoing damage (such as Acid Arrow).
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Bonus types taken into consideration for stacking on saving throws.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Saving throw effects with the dodge bonus type are ignored when flatfooted.
    • [PFRPG] Added new subtypes: automaton, deep one, hive, mortic, wayang, wild hunt.
    • Players are able to toggle allow button on module activation screen, even though it does nothing. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] Script error when using dF in /die command. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] Multiplier tag [#x] on a parcel table output string (i.e. no link) was not processed as an item/currency count. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] Multi-column table chat output only showing headers, not values. Fixed.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/d20Mod] TYPE/SIZE/ALIGN effect conditional expressions don't work when player targeting a player they don't own. Fixed.
    • [5E] Script error when dropping spell link on Innate Spells section of NPC record. Fixed.
    • [5E] GM auto-initiative rolling not respecting DISINIT or other dexterity check modifying effects. Fixed.
    • [5E] Desktop modifier buttons not added to initiative rolls. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E/d20Mod] GM auto-initiative rolling not respecting ability modifying effects. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Encumbrance calculations extended to support a single decimal of precision.
    • [3.5E] Elemental creature type missing. Fixed.
    • [SW:EOTE] Crash when clicking lighting buttons. Fixed.
    • [DEV] widget: Added setEnabled function
    • [DEV] windowcontrol: Added onVisibilityChanged event
    • [DEV] windowinstance: onLockChanged handler changed to onLockStateChanged event
    • [DEV] Module.export will now encode file names to handle characters not supported by file systems.
    • [DEV] Enter key on number/string controls which use delaykeyupdate will now commit changes, even if focus does not change.
    • [DEV][CoreRPG+] Added buttongroup_tabs_h template for horizontal tabs that uses text or string assets
    • [DEV][5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/d20Mod] Updates to speed up conditional checks in effects.
    • [DEV] Closing window during onClickDown event causes crash. Fixed.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; November 2nd, 2019 at 21:08.

Developer File Modification Notes

CoreRPG
    • Global scripts: CalendarManager, ExportManager, TableManager, TokenManager
    • Specific Scripts: campaign/scripts/masterindexitem_window.lua, common/scripts/buttongroup_tabs.lua, common/scripts/progressbar.lua, ct/scripts/ct_token.lua, desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua, desktop/scripts/modifierstack_modifier.lua, ps/scripts/ps_token.lua, utility/scripts/export.lua, utility/scripts/export_tokens.lua, utility/scripts/tokenbag.lua
    • Window Classes: chat, export, moduleselection_entry, tokenbag
    • Templates: button_store, button_tokens_host, button_tokens_modules, button_tokens_shared, button_tokens_zoomin, button_tokens_zoomout, chat_resize, filter_tokens, icon_access, masterindexitem_access, portrait_char, tokenbag_tokens

3.5E
    • Global Scripts: ActionInit, ActorManager2, CombatManager2, EffectManager35E
    • Specific Scripts: campaign/scripts/char_inv.lua, ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua, ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua
    • Window Classes: ct_entry

4E
    • Global Scripts: ActionInit, CombatManager2, EffectManager4E
    • Specific Scripts: ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua, ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua
    • Window Classes: ct_entry, item, npc, ps_mainitem

5E
    • Global Scripts: ActionInit, ActorManager2, CharManager, CombatManager2, DataSpell, EffectManager5E, PowerManager
    • Specific Scripts: ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua
    • Window Classes: ct_entry, ps_mainitem

Castles and Crusades
    • Specific Scripts: ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua

d20 Modern
    • Global Scripts: ActionInit, CombatManager2, EffectManagerD20Modern
    • Specific Scripts: ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua, ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua
    • Window Classes: ct_entry, npc
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; October 30th, 2019 at 05:35.

Cool, very nice changes, thanks for the work

Maybe some very little request (since I do not see it in the list, but I was also not able yet to look into 3.3.9, so maybe you did that though): In data_common.lua of 3.5 (and probably PF1) "flatfooted" is missing in the string table "conditions", but "flat-footed" is there. I assume that therefore only IF: flat-footed would work but not IF: flatfooted etc. although both ways of writing it are used in the rest of the code (when I tested it there was a problem with flatfooted such that one had to use CUSTOM in front)

But just a very minor thing with a very easy workaround Thanks EDIT: So, when that would be too difficult to fix then the workaround is of course suitable enough
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 22nd, 2019 at 02:50.

Only one should be included in the condition table, because the condition table is used to automatically create the buttons in the Modifiers window. The automatic modifier to saves for flatfooted already accounts for two different "spellings". The only place that you have to be careful is CUSTOM, but there's no easy answer, so I'll leave for now.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Only one should be included in the condition table, because the condition table is used to automatically create the buttons in the Modifiers window. The automatic modifier to saves for flatfooted already accounts for two different "spellings". The only place that you have to be careful is CUSTOM, but there's no easy answer, so I'll leave for now.

Regards,
    JPG
    ah, thanks for the insight, didn't know about that the modifier buttons also look at that I may had a typo then

Thanks

Updates

• Players are able to toggle allow button on module activation screen, even though it does nothing. Fixed.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/d20Mod] TYPE/SIZE/ALIGN effect conditional expressions don't work when player targeting a player they don't own. Fixed.
    • [5E] GM auto-initiative rolling not respecting DISINIT or other dexterity check modifying effects. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E/d20Mod] GM auto-initiative rolling not respecting ability modifying effects. Fixed.

Blog Entries
    Updates

Didn't know that was broken but always wondered.

Curious what the thoughts are regarding auto-initiative and perhaps the ability to see the actual values and roll values and modifiers? Maybe if the console window is open? In the chat would probably be annoying but some way to check/audit that effects are working as intended would be comforting

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Updates List

Thanks for that It seems that this does not work for PCs when their initiative stat is set to "base", but when one sets it to any attribute then effects are accounted as expected (like DEX in most of the cases, but other attributes work, too)

Hi

I've found some other bug (rare one) related to the performance improvement of the effects, see the image (EDIT: It is about the effect manager in 3.5e, function checkConditionalHelper)

screenshot0006.png

The save bonus is not applied although the search tag testi is there. As I wrote here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nce-of-effects, I think one should only add the return messages at the end like
    Code:
    if EffectManager.isTargetedEffect(v) then
                            if EffectManager.isEffectTarget(v, rTarget) then
                                return true;
                            end
                        else
                            return true;
                        end
    as it is now But I believe that the break messages in the lines just before that part of the code as in the previous version of the code should stay but now it is
    Code:
    if rEffectComp.type == "IF" then
                        if not checkConditional(rActor, v, rEffectComp.remainder, nil, aIgnore) then
                            return false;
                        end
                    elseif rEffectComp.type == "IFT" then
                        if not rTarget then
                            return false;
                        end
                        if not checkConditional(rTarget, v, rEffectComp.remainder, rActor, aIgnore) then
                            return false;
                        end
    such that the bug as in the image could occur because when some other e.g. IF condition returns false then the loop does not continue and the save bonus will not be applied because the searched tag can not be found anymore (therefore these many other IF effects to force that because I do not know the order with which FG does check the effects). But with the version in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nce-of-effects it worked so far (which it should I guess, the return messages should only be a replacement of the bReturn =... thing but not of the break when I understood it correctly I hope my explanation somehow helps)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 12th, 2019 at 23:31.

Thread Information