FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Well - unfortunately, this won't be released until Unity is available. Not entirely sure why, but that's how it is.
    I'm guessing because it's not a great idea to release a commercial (paid for) product that relies on a community maintained extension. Whereas, in FG Unity, it will be possible to put the graphics on layers in the base product.

Sorry this couldn't be released now, but look forward to the results in FG Unity.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MarianDz View Post
    very nice project "gtw2017"
    Thank you It does the job well enough - but I think the fact you would have to screenshot and re-import the map to give you a flat surface without the chance to move or stack tokens on top of one another is the primary reason. Unity won't have that disadvantage as far as I know - still - good to know what you Can do with the tools in FG Classic in a pinch.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm guessing because it's not a great idea to release a commercial (paid for) product that relies on a community maintained extension. Whereas, in FG Unity, it will be possible to put the graphics on layers in the base product.

Sorry this couldn't be released now, but look forward to the results in FG Unity.
    Hi Trenloe - it doesn't require any extensions - it simply takes advantage of the map function and token dragging function to assemble a map template - then you screenshot and re-import it as a new 'Map'. It might sound like a lot of work - but its vastly quicker than using existing mapping programs. I made 2 detailed maps in 8 minutes flat as shown in the video. It works, it works well. It just requires an extra step. Though, I don't think Unity will give it any advantage whatsoever - Unity won't Need Mapslap. Mapslap is built to overcome the limitations in FG Classic - so releasing Mapslap when Unity is out and anyone can simply replicate the process but without the extra step - makes little sense.

Nonetheless, I will use it - and continue working on my other FG products including Terrorformer. (And my New upcoming Adventure Modules for 5e set in the world of Geas)

EDIT: (Sorry - to clarify, IF someone wanted to play on top of the map and still retain the ability to move mapslap tokens, change features, change labels - THEN they would require the Extension. If they wanted to just build a map within FG and then re-import it - then they Don't need the extension. But you make a valid point - and since Unity will likely solve all these problems, mapslap probably comes too little too late.
    Last edited by gtw2017; September 26th, 2019 at 18:50.

I like a lot of the tokens and would probably use them a lot when I play FG face-to-face, using minis on a TV lying flat on the table. But for me, being totally honest here as I'd just be using them as "scatter" tokens, the price is too high for me and the amount of use I'd get.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the compliment - and TBH Trenloe, I agree- I was on the fence about the price too, I changed it to $14.99 USD which I think is much better - and it's on my site if anyone wants it. It's just not an official release (yet?).

Really - this is a Token Pack - it just has some templates on which to place the tokens and lots of convenient labels for towns and cities and various features - and - some ability to customize the text on those labels.

Thread Information