DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Any plans to add flipmat map packs and Pathfinder Society Scenarios?

Those paizo flipmats are really nice generic maps useful for lots of adventures (across editions!) - would really like to see them added as packs (I see only a few old packs - but they have a huge library of maps) PFS uses them but the PDF image scraping is very very low rez.
    Last edited by yarnevk; September 19th, 2019 at 02:52.

Flip mats, maybe.

PFS2, yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was thinking about this the other day. I would love to use those flip mats for pf2.

The usual Paizo policy is to charge the full price (print product) and you get the PDF with it. So, this can be quite expensive - we're talking approx. $15 for two maps. Are people definitely interested at that price point?

Here's some examples: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?search=flip-mat The cost of the Playtest flip-mats are an exception as the PDF was free.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm definitely interested but money isn't an issue for me. It's more about if you think spending your time converting, sizing, and putting a grid on them is worth it. I'm not sure if it is for two people. I can do it myself but I've always been behind supporting Smiteworks, Paizo, and the developers. So I'm game!

Yea, I would use these.

the cheapest way to get the maps as pdf's only is to buy the pdfs of the Pathfinder Society adventures as they usually use 2 or three of them and its easy enough to extract the maps without any of the added symbols.
    I'm looking forward to seeing some PFS adventure released for Fantasy Grounds!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing some PFS adventure released for Fantasy Grounds!
    Me too! :-)

The PDF I got from PFS had the blurriest jpg compression ever when I copied the map, the best ones are the full page ones and even those had dungeon tiles borders very badly aliased across few pixels and have placement icons/text unique to that adventure. The partial page maps are the worst. Is there a better way to do this than simple select/copy/paste/save/import? Not complaining too much since they was free with my quad sub, and they are way better quality then the similar 5e adventures (which at best are whiteboard marker quality and that is the extent of any art at all - but seems even full blown adventures have gone to 'old-school' line drawn maps)

If FG does PFS2 and it comes with higher rez maps that are reuseable (no icons/text) I would be satisfied. Not going to pay $15 for a digital map sides though as that is as much or more than the PDF and too close in price to the physical product (which are the best physical map products on the market). I was thinking that price would be OK for a large map collection - as that is what the D&D official map packs go for and it ends up around a buck a map.

If prior Paizo map products sell less compared to other map products then it is not the product it is the price.
    Last edited by yarnevk; September 20th, 2019 at 17:31.

I agree that for digital only products the price is out of most people's range - something I wouldn't pay for unless I really needed a specific map in FG quickly. That's why I was asking if people would really pay the price set by Paizo for a couple of maps.

Take a look at these: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?search=flip-mat With the exception of the playtest flip-mats, are you willing to pay that price for the maps that you get? (There'll be the usual PDF included or price reduction if already purchased).

Thread Information