FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 111 First ... 40484950515260100 ... Last
    Hi,

Minor bug, but one I've had since I started using FGU about a year ago. When I switch from the main tab of party sheet to inventory for the first time in the session, a big errors log pops up. I close it down and doesn't seem to matter, but would be good if it didn't happen. Thanks.

Kind regards,
    R.

Hi rcruk, that's actually a console log that contains the bug error that you are triggering. Would you mind compiling it and posting it here for review?

Thanks,

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    Hi rcruk, that's actually a console log that contains the bug error that you are triggering. Would you mind compiling it and posting it here for review?

Thanks,

Greg
    Hi Greg,

How do you mean compiling. When I look inside the log folder there are multiple files, is there some way to bring them together? When the Log window pop up the only [ERROR] listed says: Script execution error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps_loot2.lua"]:37: attempt to compare number with nil
    Last edited by rcruk; March 28th, 2021 at 11:35.

I'm in a 5e campaign right now but I'm visualizing my attachment popping up based on your description. In the top left is a button to compile logs. Just click and save the next time you trigger it.

Capture.PNG

I'm in a 5e campaign right now but I'm visualizing my attachment popping up based on your description. In the top left is a button to compile logs. Just click and save the next time you trigger it.

Capture.PNG
    Log's attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi rcruk, we have narrowed down the error to the Party Sheet's currency description. Can you send a screenshot of the PS's Inventory tab?

Also, if you are comfortable a copy of the campaign to correct the error.

Currency.PNG

Based on the attachment above we suspect there is more than one currency type in your Campaign when there is only one; "Credits". It cannot be changed via the application, only by correcting the campaign file.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Feel free to ping me directly on Discord: G-Rex #1398

-Greg
    Last edited by GregRex; March 29th, 2021 at 15:56.

rcruk MBM cracked it. Check your player's PC sheets. Their Cash on Hand cannot have any prefixes. Just numerics.

Examples below:

BAD
    Attachment 45259

GOOD
    Attachment 45260

Once updated refresh your party's inventory from the Party Sheet.

rcruk MBM cracked it. Check your player's PC sheets. Their Cash on Hand cannot have any prefixes. Just numerics.

Examples below:

BAD
    Attachment 45259

GOOD
    Attachment 45260

Once updated refresh your party's inventory from the Party Sheet.
    Thanks Greg,

I can look at doing what 5E does and it ignores any currency and just displays.

I'll do that as part of v1.2.3 finishing up next week.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi rcruk, we have narrowed down the error to the Party Sheet's currency description. Can you send a screenshot of the PS's Inventory tab?
    -Greg
    Interestingly my party currency section is blank, even with money in the PC sheets, which was entered by the players themselves, should I be handing credits through the PS or something?

I couldn’t get your bad/good example links to work?

Ah never mind, seems to have cracked it, one of the players had put ‘cr’ after their cash in hand. Thanks for figuring it out!
    Last edited by rcruk; March 29th, 2021 at 17:01.

Spaceship Combat question.

Created encounter.

Purple Line: Dragging from Spacecraft Battles window to Story, creates Spacecraft Battle: <title>. Clicking on link, produces the proper encounter.

Green Line: Dragging from the Encounter window itself to Story, creates Encounter: <title>. Clicking on link creates empty encounter. Dragging ships onto the empty encounter does not add them, so this way produces no way to run an encounter, even on the fly.

I get that I can just do the Purple Line method, but is the other way supposed to work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information