DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 109 First 12341252102 ... Last
    I'd love to see the Traveller Companion added in the future but am more interested in High Guard and starship construction.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I'd love to see the Traveller Companion added in the future but am more interested in High Guard and starship construction.
    'Central Supply Catalogue' is next up, it's already underway.

'High Guard' will follow, already a lot of thought and internal conversations with FG on how best to do it, I believe one of the new Devs is going to add a basic Vehicle feature into CoreRPG which we can sub-class or something similar. Starship Construction will be the first part, then Starship Combat will follow. This then leads in the Vehicle book and everything should be in place for that.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I have to chip in for MBM here. He has done a great job here and we tested this hard (a long list of fixed things proves this), still, you can't get them all. If we woulda kept testing, you wouldn't yet have the thing in your hands. So I apologize upfront for all I missed. That is on me.
    And thank you for finding all I missed, guys. This community is really awesome.
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    I have to chip in for MBM here. He has done a great job here and we tested this hard (a long list of fixed things proves this), still, you can't get them all. If we woulda kept testing, you wouldn't yet have the thing in your hands. So I apologize upfront for all I missed. That is on me.
    ��
    It's not on your head chap. Bugs occur, they're pesky little things that hide, and for every one found and fixed makes things easier to support. You did an ace job, the amount of data going into the ruleset is huge and you checked all of it!
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    ��
    In my intro to programming class back in the 80s my professor told me that in general internal testing will get around 90% of the bugs. Most of the remaining bugs are likely to be found when the users come along and try things in ways you didn't expect them to do. Many of the things that are being found are more personal use things or small things that might easily go unnoticed. The whole ruleset is a gigantic leap forward. Everyone involved deserves kudos.

Thanks guys. Now my posting looks oddly like fishing for compliments ��

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    In my intro to programming class back in the 80s my professor told me that in general internal testing will get around 90% of the bugs. Most of the remaining bugs are likely to be found when the users come along and try things in ways you didn't expect them to do. Many of the things that are being found are more personal use things or small things that might easily go unnoticed. The whole ruleset is a gigantic leap forward. Everyone involved deserves kudos.
    My experience of decades of being a software engineer is like most University Professors, he is wildly optimistic. My experience is that internal
    testing(even vigorous internal testing ) will at best maybe get 60%. There is a real blindspot that internal developers have, both to be focused on what they expected to be how it was used, and not understanding how non-developers would actually use the product. Ego Based pride of development causes many internal developers to miss bugs.. because sub-consciously they are too proud of particular features of a product. It is one of the arguments for large beta's.

Sometimes, in trying to be "complete" internal testers, the developers build such massive and complex test plans, that they never complete them or it completely misses the big picture items. I once worked for a large Mass. Defense Company(hint it builds things that shoot into the air and causes other things in the air to fall down), that had an English subsidiary that delivered a "test plan" for a menu design IDE program, that was 6 feet tall above, the desk, when it got printed out.
    Not one part of it got tested, the project was canceled after years of development before a single page of that test plan was tested.

In another case, I worked for a database development company(no longer in business), that had 20 testers working for 2 years measuring every pop-up box placement pixel location on a screen, examing the font and color fields of every menu etc. But shortly after product release, the company collapsed, because this "well tested" database software had a 50% chance of having the wrong answer when SQL queries were executed. So they tested all the minute items, like for example pixel placment of popups, but missed the "Big Picture" item of does the damn thing actually work.

Chumbly
    Last edited by chumbly; September 22nd, 2019 at 11:20.

All,

Working on Bugs again tonight, when I finish it in the week I'll put full details here, trying to sort out the 'script' bugs (ie shows an error on the console) first and then onto the other bits.

Cheers,
    MBM

Sorry MBM, one more bug. This one may be tricky. When popping an image out to full screen mode it falls behind several screen components that it should not, most troubling is that one of these is the top border which then makes it inaccessible to reduce or increase into full screen. The other components that should be behind it in the middle docked mode are the Traveller logo in the bottom right and the decals. Screen cap attached.

Screen Cap.jpg

Thanks

PS. I tested this with several other rulesets to see if it was a v3.3.9 issue vs ruleset issue and everything was fine in the other rulesets.
    Last edited by garrion_sw; October 8th, 2019 at 03:11.

Have you tried it without the enhanced images extension? The first thing I have learned to do when something is amiss is to disable all the extensions I'm using and then if it works correctly add the extensions one by one until it blows up...

Thread Information