Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1

    Official MGT2e Bug Report Thread

    I was about to report another bug to the Mongoose Traveller 2e Thread when I saw someone else had reported a bug in a different thread. So I figured I'd start the official bug report thread.

    Adding a weapon to a PC
    I got the following error message Script Error (string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua").692: bad argument #1 to 'len' (String expected, got nil)

    NPCs (animal)
    I am not able to add a weapon (either by typing it in or dragging from the Items).
    Dale McCoy, Jr (Ultimate License holder)

    President of Jon Brazer Enterprises. See all of our products available for Fantasy Grounds.

  2. #2
    Nice work on the rule set. I just purchased it and am starting to look it over.

    I have one small request/suggestion. Perhaps you can do something so that the current END, STR, DEX under Character Status modifies the Attribute and Skill rolls. I'm not sure how it would be easiest to tackle this (and surprised if it has not come up already). The easiest thing I can think of is just to have all the rollers reference the "Current" value for those three stats rather than the value on the Main tab. To go with it you may want a parenthetical value on the Main tab to show that it is modified.

    It's used much less rarely than END, STR, and DEX; but the other stats can also suffer damage as well. Perhaps they should all have a MAX and CURRENT value?

    I'll let you know if I come across anything else.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccoy1693 View Post
    I was about to report another bug to the Mongoose Traveller 2e Thread when I saw someone else had reported a bug in a different thread. So I figured I'd start the official bug report thread.

    Adding a weapon to a PC
    I got the following error message Script Error (string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua").692: bad argument #1 to 'len' (String expected, got nil)

    NPCs (animal)
    I am not able to add a weapon (either by typing it in or dragging from the Items).
    Thanks for the one one, answered it on the other thread.

    The second one, edit the NPC, click the + button and then drag the weapon over the new line or type the details in.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    Nice work on the rule set. I just purchased it and am starting to look it over.

    I have one small request/suggestion. Perhaps you can do something so that the current END, STR, DEX under Character Status modifies the Attribute and Skill rolls. I'm not sure how it would be easiest to tackle this (and surprised if it has not come up already). The easiest thing I can think of is just to have all the rollers reference the "Current" value for those three stats rather than the value on the Main tab. To go with it you may want a parenthetical value on the Main tab to show that it is modified.

    It's used much less rarely than END, STR, and DEX; but the other stats can also suffer damage as well. Perhaps they should all have a MAX and CURRENT value?

    I'll let you know if I come across anything else.
    A good idea, I'll have a think but I'll place this on the list to do.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  5. #5
    Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_main.lua"]:19: attempt to index global 'hiderollresults' (a nil value)
    Intermittent error, sometimes I get sometimes I don't really know what is different
    Received on console sometimes after setting option
    Dice Tower ON
    Chat: Show GM Rolls (both turn on and off show GM Rolls)

    Chumbly

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post
    Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_main.lua"]:19: attempt to index global 'hiderollresults' (a nil value)
    Intermittent error, sometimes I get sometimes I don't really know what is different
    Received on console sometimes after setting option
    Dice Tower ON
    Chat: Show GM Rolls (both turn on and off show GM Rolls)

    Chumbly
    Morning Chumbers,

    Odd and interesting. I'll add that to my weekend 'look at' and see how to re-create it so a fix can be tested and stuff.

    Thanks for taking the time to report this!

    Cheers,
    MBM

  7. #7
    Do you have a posted to-do list? I hate to start mentioning stuff you already have in the queue. I'm sure most of these are in the works toward your finished product.

    TO-DO
    1. Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet.
    2. Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied.
    3. Careers will drop into the Career History section.
    4. Homeworlds will drop into the Homeworld line. (I'm sure this is functional but see Bugs #2.)
    5. Dropping a Skill into the Skills section should create specialties. Minimally, listed specialties in the Skill text should be links that can be dragged to the Skills section if applicable.

    BUGS
    1. Created Homeworlds are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
    2. Dropping a Homeworld "shell" into the Homeworlds line gives script error "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:90: attempt to call global 'addHomeworldDB' (a nil value)". This may be due to lack of data (Bugs #1).
    3. Created and duplicated Careers are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
    4. Created Careers have the "Qualification" and "Assignments:" headers overlapping the same space.
    5. The Traits section on new Races has no editable text box.
    6. Duplicating a Psi Ability does not give the lock/unlock option (however, creating a new entry does.)
    7. New Psi Talents do not have data entry locations for the "Reach" or "PSI Cost" headers. Additionally, locking and unlocking the entry subsequently removes the headers altogether. (You can get them back by closing and reopening the Ability.) I'm not sure what goes in the PSI Talent box when editing a new Ability. Dragging the Psionic Talents from the book reference does nothing and typing the Talent type into it does nothing. Without being able to edit a duplicated entry I can't see the formatting of that entry.

    I believe that is all for now. I don't want you to think I'm being negative. I really do love this rule set and am very glad you have created it. I just want to do my part in making it better because I love the game and want to see it flourish.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    Do you have a posted to-do list? I hate to start mentioning stuff you already have in the queue. I'm sure most of these are in the works toward your finished product.

    TO-DO
    1. Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet.
    2. Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied.
    3. Careers will drop into the Career History section.
    4. Homeworlds will drop into the Homeworld line. (I'm sure this is functional but see Bugs #2.)
    5. Dropping a Skill into the Skills section should create specialties. Minimally, listed specialties in the Skill text should be links that can be dragged to the Skills section if applicable.

    BUGS
    1. Created Homeworlds are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
    2. Dropping a Homeworld "shell" into the Homeworlds line gives script error "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:90: attempt to call global 'addHomeworldDB' (a nil value)". This may be due to lack of data (Bugs #1).
    3. Created and duplicated Careers are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
    4. Created Careers have the "Qualification" and "Assignments:" headers overlapping the same space.
    5. The Traits section on new Races has no editable text box.
    6. Duplicating a Psi Ability does not give the lock/unlock option (however, creating a new entry does.)
    7. New Psi Talents do not have data entry locations for the "Reach" or "PSI Cost" headers. Additionally, locking and unlocking the entry subsequently removes the headers altogether. (You can get them back by closing and reopening the Ability.) I'm not sure what goes in the PSI Talent box when editing a new Ability. Dragging the Psionic Talents from the book reference does nothing and typing the Talent type into it does nothing. Without being able to edit a duplicated entry I can't see the formatting of that entry.

    I believe that is all for now. I don't want you to think I'm being negative. I really do love this rule set and am very glad you have created it. I just want to do my part in making it better because I love the game and want to see it flourish.
    Hi Chap,

    I do have a To-do list, it's not public yet as it'll be like 1E, I'll post my plans for that update, though I'm going to create an FAQ with a possible todo section.

    About the bugs, thanks for mentioning these. I'm doing bug fixes tomorrow so I'll look into them.

    Homeworlds are not in MGT2E, though I left a lot of the code in just in case. I'll fix that issue for you.

    Anyway thanks for taking the time to list these, that's ace of you.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Homeworlds are not in MGT2E, though I left a lot of the code in just in case. I'll fix that issue for you.
    They are in the Companion, though that may be a nice supplement down the road. It also adds some alternate Characteristics but I wouldn't expect for you to account for those since they are not in a FG product yet. Making manual entries would be appreciated though. Thanks again for your hard work.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    They are in the Companion, though that may be a nice supplement down the road. It also adds some alternate Characteristics but I wouldn't expect for you to account for those since they are not in a FG product yet. Making manual entries would be appreciated though. Thanks again for your hard work.
    The Core books are going to be done in that order, I think Companion is Book 5. However, I've added some features from it already, for example, Characteristics above 15. I need to give it a good read (I need to pick up the printed edition) and see what other 'easy' things are there, so what I'll do is read up on the Homeworlds part and make it work like that.

    Cheers
    MBM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in