Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Behind the Claw

  1. #1

    Behind the Claw

    I see Mongoose has released "Behind the Claw", the MGT2 sector book for Spinward Marches and Deneb(its a 2 sector book).
    Hopefully, it will find its way onto MadBeardMan's work todo list for Fantasy Grounds at some point, so we get integrated sector information for
    Spin Mar and Deneb.

    With this type of book, hopefully, there shouldn't be real ruleset changes, the biggest job would
    probably be putting links between worlds on Sector Maps and World Data records.

    Looking Foward
    Chumbly
    Last edited by chumbly; December 5th, 2019 at 22:21.

  2. #2
    I'm looking forward to getting this book, sadly it won't happen until after the holidays.

    I know that they changed NI from population MGT1 4-6 to MGT2 0-6 which seems odd to me. I kind of assume it's a typo but if they calculated the world's with their table there will be a lot more NI worlds that are out of compliance with all other Traveller trade codes. If anyone has the book already if you look up Spinward Marches > Regina > Pixie it should not be NI. I'd be interested to know if it is or isn't listed as such?

  3. #3
    Yet another book, probably by the same author, to compare to the first Behind the Claw (actual title) book I picked up years ago. Maybe this behind the Claw will have edited out the accidental bits of anachronistic information that was originally in GT: Behind the Claw (set 15 years into the alternate future from when MgT has their 3I set).

  4. #4
    Looks like a great piece of work. I am actually running my home rew campaign in the gateway sector, so I am on the other end of Imp space. But still... looks like a nice book...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting this book, sadly it won't happen until after the holidays.

    I know that they changed NI from population MGT1 4-6 to MGT2 0-6 which seems odd to me. I kind of assume it's a typo but if they calculated the world's with their table there will be a lot more NI worlds that are out of compliance with all other Traveller trade codes. If anyone has the book already if you look up Spinward Marches > Regina > Pixie it should not be NI. I'd be interested to know if it is or isn't listed as such?
    Actually I know how you are feeling... I don't have the book yet, and probably won't until sometime 1Q 2020. Sadly between the actual kickstarter selection for Deepnight Revelation and the selection of the Pirates of Drinax collection package(I decided I really want the hard copy books for collecting reasons), my funds for further December tithes to the Church of Mongoose are sadly depleted. I was thinking that it is probably good that my complete collection instinct (going back to LBB) is for Traveller and not DND. If I was to try and collect DND editions and books like I collect Traveller, I would be penniless and homeless and needing to behave like the US Treasury, financing my wild spending habits by selling junk bonds to the Chinese Government.

    Chumbly

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post
    Actually I know how you are feeling... I don't have the book yet, and probably won't until sometime 1Q 2020. Sadly between the actual kickstarter selection for Deepnight Revelation and the selection of the Pirates of Drinax collection package(I decided I really want the hard copy books for collecting reasons), my funds for further December tithes to the Church of Mongoose are sadly depleted. I was thinking that it is probably good that my complete collection instinct (going back to LBB) is for Traveller and not DND. If I was to try and collect DND editions and books like I collect Traveller, I would be penniless and homeless and needing to behave like the US Treasury, financing my wild spending habits by selling junk bonds to the Chinese Government.

    Chumbly
    Chumbly,

    Once I get my hands on the PDF I'll take a look. I've tried to buy it direct from Mongoose but there website has a bug which is annoying.

    However, I've been on a Crusade to pick up all the Traveller books that I played with all those years ago and it's costing me a small fortune, even with my day job and business helping out, it's a hard task, I feel your pain!

    Cheers,
    MBM

  7. #7
    I mostly get everything from DriveThruRPG so that all my PDFs are in one place.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I mostly get everything from DriveThruRPG so that all my PDFs are in one place.
    I use DTRPG if I have to, I support local stores so I get most PDF's for zero cost if I buy the paper edition.

    I've pre-ordered the book direct from Mongoose and now have the PDF, though technically I can ask for the PDF for conversion, but love books far too much.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  9. #9
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,159
    I love to get the books too, but also like to have the PDF. Mongoose are part of Bits and Mortar, so if you like to support your FLGS and also get the PDF included, see if your local store is part of it: https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I love to get the books too, but also like to have the PDF. Mongoose are part of Bits and Mortar, so if you like to support your FLGS and also get the PDF included, see if your local store is part of it: https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/
    Yep, Bits and Mortar is awesome, just at times you have to remind the store that you can have the PDF.

    I'll be popping into town tomorrow to see what new books I can have for Xmas.

    Huzzah
    MBM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. gwhitneyy2k

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in