DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 111 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Just installed rules. Modules loaded. All skills dragged from skills tab to character sheet gets Scritp Error: [string"campaign/scritps/char_statcycler.lau"]:10:attemp to index local 'nodewin' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by geewaagh View Post
    Just installed rules. Modules loaded. All skills dragged from skills tab to character sheet gets Scritp Error: [string"campaign/scritps/char_statcycler.lau"]:10:attemp to index local 'nodewin' (a nil value)
    Hi, not sure what the problem is, but is this for Classic or Unity? That information helps speed things along.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi, not sure what the problem is, but is this for Classic or Unity? That information helps speed things along.
    I was in there creating a character...this is for classic. So when I first added my character, and went to the skills tab...That script error popped up but after I closed it I never got the error again even while dragging skill over to me skill tab...However another friend joined in and he got the same issue as I did however every time he dragged a skill over the script error would come up. When I created another test character, I had the same issues so it's more of you get the script error than you don't. Out of 6 or 7 more tests we had only one other not get the script errors when dragging over the the skill tabs.

Hope this helps

So I was messing around in the Combat Tracker and found I could not damage one of the players. Everything seems to work fine but it will not apply any damage to them. I tried different armors, no armor and nothing. In the console log I see this 'Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:959: attempt to compare number with nil'. This only affects one of the characters.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    So I was messing around in the Combat Tracker and found I could not damage one of the players. Everything seems to work fine but it will not apply any damage to them. I tried different armors, no armor and nothing. In the console log I see this 'Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:959: attempt to compare number with nil'. This only affects one of the characters.

Xargun
    Found it - After reading a post from June about specific ammo from the CSC I removed the Neural Comm from the character and now its working fine. After some testing it seems to happen when I add subdermal armor with another augmentation. So its a combination of subdermal armor and another augmentation.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Classic FG issue. I just made a new campaign this morning, but it did not help. I have no extensions loaded. Only modules are the Traveller Core and the Players.

Behavior:
    1. Create character, click to the skills tab and get Scritp Error: [string"campaign/scritps/char_statcycler.lau"]:10:attemp to index local 'nodewin' (a nil value)
    2. If I click off the skills tab and click back onto it, no more script error.
    3. Drag a skill from Traveller Core and the Players, I get the same script error.
    4. Items do not have an issue.

Hope that helps.

Script Issue

Update on Script issue:

FG Unity has the same behavior. Attached is the console log from FG when I click on the skills tab.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by geewaagh; September 21st, 2020 at 13:14.

EDIT: It is not necessary to reset the current values. It is only necessary to enter the action tab before doing anything else. That will work around the bug until a long term fix is found.

Hi.

So I did some testing and was able to replicate the error, so it is definitely a problem that MBM will need to address.

In testing, I think that I've isolated what the cause of the error is and how to get around it until there is a fix.

When you create a new character, the current value in the character status section of the action tab begin at 0 and that is causing the error you are seeing. If the first thing you do when you create a character is jump to the action tab and click the circles which reset the current value to equal the base value it will allow you to enter skills without an error.

Remember, once you complete your character, you need to reset the current values again if you've had any changes to your characteristics.

So basically, until MBM can update the ruleset, all new characters should reset character status in action tab prior to taking any other action on the character sheet.
    Last edited by esmdev; September 21st, 2020 at 15:28. Reason: New information

Yep one thing I was tempted to do was to show the 'actions' tab on default as that then sets up all the links. I should ask on the forums if there's anyway to 'instance' a tab without showing it.

As for adding a new character, I'm going to look to see if the old value was 0, and you enter in anything else then it updates the actions tab values, I could do this in the data direct which should work.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Yep one thing I was tempted to do was to show the 'actions' tab on default as that then sets up all the links. I should ask on the forums if there's anyway to 'instance' a tab without showing it.

As for adding a new character, I'm going to look to see if the old value was 0, and you enter in anything else then it updates the actions tab values, I could do this in the data direct which should work.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I didn't realize that just accessing the action tab, without resetting the current, would also fix the problem. I assume that it was the current being set to 0 that was causing the problem. That's good to know!

Maybe you could just write a quick function on creating the new sheet that would initialize the needed variables without having to access the action tab?

Thread Information