5E Character Create Playlist

Crash with custom extension

Hello

I m new in coding and like to make my ruleset with custom dice for the german "HeXXen 1733" rpg. I need only d6. THe custom symbols may appear on 1,5,6. 1 have a Starsymbol. 5 and 6 a Ravenhead. 2,3,4 is blank. I created the PNGs Image and modified the code. But When i start FG with this extension, the Programm crashed. You like to take a look in my code? I ll will glad
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, in your code I cannot see why the lua-file is needed... Could you explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by YenLucy View Post
    Hey, in your code I cannot see why the lua-file is needed... Could you explain that?
    Welcome to the FG forums YenLucy!

Loremaster hasn't been around since they made the above post. I think they were obviously fairly new to coding in FG. In the LUA file they tried to override a dice result handler in ActionManager - but doing it incorrectly. The FG actions process is pretty complex, and for a new coder to attempt to change this can be very daunting - definitely not for a new coder unless they're wanting a challenging project and willing to do lots of reading and experimentation.

If you're interest in the FG action process, then this thread may help give you some insight: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...(dice-rolling)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe,

thank you for pointing that out for me^^ I am fairly new to coding in FGU too and I am trying to settle things out - your linked thread seems very helpful there. Thanks a lot

Hi YenLucy,
    are you still working on this? I guess for only doing the dice rolls its the easiest to use a rollabel table. If you are working on a hexxen for FG, maybe we cant team up.
    DnD 5e - Dungeon Crawl Classic - Savage World - DSA

Thread Information