DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 26 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    3.3.10 isn't live yet.. so.. I guess there's the reason.

As far as the functionality matching thing goes.. it does seem like it would be good if they used the same keys for the same functions. No?
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    3.3.10 isn't live yet.. so.. I guess there's the reason.

As far as the functionality matching thing goes.. it does seem like it would be good if they used the same keys for the same functions. No?
    Oki, I try to see whether I can change the CT behaviour, too But that may need some time, I do not have a lot of time at the moment

3.3.10 fets released next week due to what Moon Wizard said, therefore I already uploaded it Or do you need it right now for a game? Then I reupload shortly the 3.3.9 version

Blog Entries
    Umm.. why mess with the CT? Just change the key your thing uses.. no?

No.. I don't need it for anything. I just figured it worked for the live version.

Umm.. why mess with the CT? Just change the key your thing uses.. no?
    I implemented this changed behaviour because I like it that way better CTRL and SHIFT are the main hotkeys I use, CTRL a bit more. Since I use facing in my games I have put the rotation on CTRL, then the next important thing is height which I've put on the second most important hotkey, SHIFT Scaling is only needed at the very beginning when one puts up an image, therefore not really important and so it is now on ALT (I guess Ken, the original author, had a similar motivation)

With the native settings of FG I scaled my tokens too often while I just wanted to rotate them because I expected that on CTRL; or I wanted to zoom out of my map and accidentally rotated a token because my pointer was then over a token. When you then play with facing rules this can get really annyoing and therefore I kept the changed hotkeys

But when you want different hotkeys then just say it I can make a custom extension for you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I implemented this changed behaviour because I like it that way better CTRL and SHIFT are the main hotkeys I use, CTRL a bit more. Since I use facing in my games I have put the rotation on CTRL, then the next important thing is height which I've put on the second most important hotkey, SHIFT Scaling is only needed at the very beginning when one puts up an image, therefore not really important and so it is now on ALT (I guess Ken, the original author, had a similar motivation)

With the native settings of FG I scaled my tokens too often while I just wanted to rotate them because I expected that on CTRL; or I wanted to zoom out of my map and accidentally rotated a token because my pointer was then over a token. When you then play with facing rules this can get really annoying and therefore I kept the changed hotkeys
    I have run into all of these problems myself actually.. which is why I was thinking your extension looked cool.
    I was just thinking consistency was good.

I have run into all of these problems myself actually.. which is why I was thinking your extension looked cool.
    I was just thinking consistency was good.
    Hehe, yeah, I am on your side with consistency Shouldn't be too difficult, I only have to find out where the hotkeys for the tokens in the CT are defined in the code

and thanks of course for pointing that out really didn't know of this in the CT

So, it is reuploaded, this was very easy to fix, @Blackfoot Thanks again

When you hover over the token in the CT then the hotkeys there are:
    1. ALT + Wheel: Change scaling
    2. ALT + SHIFT + Wheel: Change scaling but with bigger increment

(I didn't want to code it in the same way as for hovering over the token on the map. On one hand you have to look on the token on the map for the height or facing widget such that there is no reason to do that on the CT and not directly over the token on the map; on the other hand I have seen that the native code has this "Change scaling with bigger increment" and I wanted to keep that. To avoid conflicts with the height label when using ALT + SHIFT + Wheel, it is better to not implement the SHIFT + Wheel function while hovering over the token in the CT Similar argument for the facing. Though one could implement one of them (like the facing), but I was not sure if it is worth that)

It still probably only works for 3.3.10 And also be aware of that there might be incompatibilities with other extensions (and some rulesets; SavageWorlds tend to not work well with extensions, even when they are written for CoreRPG )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 1st, 2020 at 19:17.

looks like its not working on mac. maybe not detecting the center wheel. idk, anyway ty for your work
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Me gusta jugar Savage Worlds settings como Rippers y Hell on earth. Call of Cthulhu ed 5 a 7 y DnD 5E.
    Me gusta la musica, soy bajista y tambien la fotografia de boda en Guadalajara donde vivo y trabajo.

Thread Information