DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... Last

Extension: Height label

Forge link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/40/view

Note: The forge's version is for FGU, the attached version here is for FGC The latter won't receive new updates anymore
    If you search for a height extensions which also adjusts the range indicator, then try out GKEnialb's extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ight-Indicator

Hi

Madman and I have put together an extension for a height label, the original code comes from Ken L and therefore this extension runs under the GPL I have tested it in CoreRPG, 5e, 3.5e and PF1 but it should also work for any ruleset based on CoreRPG, it overwrites the TokenManager file. Please report any issue, I sadly didn't have so much time for it and have put this together very fast (I have to write some paper for my work at the moment and can not really work so much on extensions at the moment). Thus, issues may be there, but I hope not No guarantee for compatibility with other extensions When anyone else want to change the extension, then please do so

This extensions adds the height label to the Wheel hotkey when also pressing ALT while everything else is as usual:

1. CTRL + Wheel: Change the scale
    2. ALT + Wheel: Add a height label to the token (negative numbers are allowed, too, scroll up and down for increase and decrease, respectively)
    3. SHIFT + Wheel: Change facing

There is a setting for adjusting the size of the height widget in the campaign options (thanks to Darrenan )
    There is also an option in the settings to change the hotkey for the height label; but only use that when also using https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...859#post557859
    See the picture about how it looks like:

BUT: This does not affect the range label of the targeting arrow. The arrow still measures the horizontal distance. This is simply due to time and ruleset issues (too many different rules for that, do such calculations then manually as usual )
    Since this was a quickly made extension, you may have to edit the extension a bit for changing the measure. Now the mouse wheel has ft. as unit (the increment size will be taken automatically from the ruleset; like 5-steps*). When you want to use e.g. meters then do the following, it should be easy (otherwise ask for help ):
    1. Rename the type of the extension to .zip
    2. Unzip it
    3. Open \scripts\manager_height.lua with a text editor.
    4. At the very beginning of the code you see this:
      Code:
      -- KEL: Change your values of measures here, maybe think about a space at the beginning of measure:
      measure = " ft";
    5. Change the variable there as you want. The measure is simply the label of the unit (beware the space in front of for nice aesthetics )
    6. Zip it back from within first instance of the folder (where the extension.xml lies in)
    7. Rename the type back to .ext

I hope that this is easy enough

Have fun As I said, feel free to edit that for your campaign

Kel

Also: As with effect icons the scale of your map etc. affects that label, too (especially the size of the grid). When that happens and it becomes too big or small, then rightclick on a token and release the scale. Then by scrolling in and out and by changing the size of the token you can change the relative scale (First change the size of the token until the relative measure fits, then zoom in and out until the token covers the correct area of squares; then lock the token scale again) So the standard procedure you have to do as with effect icons

DISCLAIMER: In some very rare occasions it may be that the client cannot produce a height widget, then e.g. create the height widget first as GM, and then the client should have the ownership to do it (like when the player opens the image before the GM (which can happen based on sharing history))
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 15th, 2021 at 19:06.

Nice job!

I reuploaded it There was one little thing missing about customizing the measure (on your end nothing changes, only some little issue in the background with the label. Replacing " ft" with e.g " m" resulted only into a good result when one didn't change the height. Now it should work again)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 17th, 2019 at 20:32.

I added now also two other versions, with font size 24 (medium) and 48 (large) when you do not want to that on your own

(but alle are listed as "Height" in the extension list, so do not put all there at the same time to avoid confusion)

Also: As with effect icons the scale of your map etc. affects that label, too (especially the size of the grid). When that happens and it becomes too big, then rightclick on a token and release the scale. Then by scrolling in and out and by changing the size of the token you can change the relative scale (First change the size of the token until the relative measure fits, then zoom in and out until the token covers the correct area of squares; then lock the token scale again) So the standard procedure you have to do as with effect icons

When I ever have time for it, I add that to the options similar as for the effect icons, too
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 17th, 2019 at 21:17.

Very nice work. Thank you.

Dang that is impressive!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

thanks for the words But as said the code comes mainly from Ken, the extension is just a tweaked version of that code to allow using it for more rulesets

And You.. still did a great job.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    And You.. still did a great job.
    Thanks

I shortly reuploaded the height.ext (the one with the smallest size). It was accidentally the one with 1 meter steps A minor thing because you can edit it, but I guess it is more convenient when the standard one has 5 ft. steps (thanks to mattekure who made me aware of that )

ah, and also: If there is any request about that you want that height label to be somewhere else then please tell me It was a bit difficult to determine where to put this thing: At the bottom are effect icons, on the right and left border the height label might go into the neighbour square (or it overlaps the health bar or too much of the token itself) and at the top is the name label where the height label now sits, too; I preferred this position because I show names by tooltips and then the name is at the mouse pointer when I move over the token. But when you prefer different positions then please tell me

EDIT: And PCs can be easily reckognized by their tokens normally while NPCs by their number most of the time; so, also when you may not see the name completely anymore, you should hopefully still be able to differ between all the characters and monsters
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 21st, 2019 at 02:47.

Thread Information