STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 26 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    It could be put in the center or center left/right. There should be nothing interfering there!?
    in the centre itself it would interfere with the token And on the sides it may also interfere with something of the token (and the neighbour token) depending on the style, because the length is dynamic while the width of the label is static, so, high height numbers may blend too much into the token (the top has a more space in that regard) And depending on the style of the token (isometric etc.) top is often a better and more neutral spot. But yeah, not so easy to answer where to put such things
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 23rd, 2020 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    in the centre itself it would interfere with the token And on the sides it may also interfere with something of the token (and the neighbour token) depending on the style, because the length is dynamic while the width of the label is static, so, high height numbers may blend too much into the token (the top has a more space in that regard) And depending on the style of the token (isometric etc.) top is often a better and more neutral spot. But yeah, not so easy to answer where to put such things
    I believe in 5e the default is each square counts as 5 feet. Optionally you can set it to 1.5 * 5 feet for diagonals, so you could check the options for the multiplier.
    You could tag the distance onto the name or draw a second distance line and put the height distance on it, but that gets into ruleset code and may require overriding which gets messy.
    Support:
    https://support.fantasygrounds.com/
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    I believe in 5e the default is each square counts as 5 feet. Optionally you can set it to 1.5 * 5 feet for diagonals, so you could check the options for the multiplier.
    You could tag the distance onto the name or draw a second distance line and put the height distance on it, but that gets into ruleset code and may require overriding which gets messy.
    Hm, as an alternative of display I also thought of just adding some icon, like winged boots to denote that something is flying. When one then hovers over that icon, one gets then the height label as usual for an easy readability of the height (basically motivated by how the effect icons work) But that would have the disadvantage that one needs to hover over that icon (but I could add a setting such that everyone can decide on their own)

Hello, Can someone explain how the size of the height label is determined? I'm not referring to the starting font size, I know there are 3 versions of the extension. It seems that on some maps the large version of the extension is perfect, then on other maps, it's absolutely huge. Switching to the medium font size then works great on some, but is too small on others. It seems fluid? I tried releasing the token size, but then the label is enormous and stays that size when I shrink the token back down. Is it tied to the map size, grid size, or token size?

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

I believe the widgets that display the height text use the same pixel size as the map the token is on. So on a low resolution map the height labels will appear larger, and on a high resolution map they will appear smaller. Note that you will see the same issue with other token widgets such as effect icons and health dots/bars.

The tokens on the other hand are scaled separately and are based on zoom, not map size. At least that's how it seems to me. I'm sure someone with more detailed logic of the innards can correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I believe the widgets that display the height text use the same pixel size as the map the token is on. So on a low resolution map the height labels will appear larger, and on a high resolution map they will appear smaller. Note that you will see the same issue with other token widgets such as effect icons and health dots/bars.

The tokens on the other hand are scaled separately and are based on zoom, not map size. At least that's how it seems to me. I'm sure someone with more detailed logic of the innards can correct me.
    Yes, that is the reason I am spontaneously not sure how it is in FGU, but in FGC there is a "Release Token Scale" button in the radial menu of tokens, that allows to change the relative size of tokens and their widgets; I usually adjust this on a map before I place any token

I have outlined that released token scale stuff here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post462030

Ah, that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hm, as an alternative of display I also thought of just adding some icon, like winged boots to denote that something is flying. When one then hovers over that icon, one gets then the height label as usual for an easy readability of the height (basically motivated by how the effect icons work) But that would have the disadvantage that one needs to hover over that icon (but I could add a setting such that everyone can decide on their own)
    ooh I like this idea

A short warning which I have posted here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...331#post574331, but I also post it here because here are also users who do not play 3.5e/PF1: There will be soon an update https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post574217

This looks like a very big update, especially see the dev notes in the fourth post. This likely means that my extensions will break with this update, once it is pushed. The big problem: It is a very big change and I need to rewrite a lot of things, and I try to finish my thesis end of February, my life just exists of writing my thesis, searching a new flat (I may move to Japan or Taiwan for my next job), then the defense of my thesis comes and so on. Thence, I have a lot to do right now, which sadly implies that I need to deprecate the support of my extensions for some time which can even take months depending on how my job stuff will work out.

The good news: I will certainly write on my extensions again, but I am just afraid of that I will not be able to look at such big changes of the code right now, that will certainly take time. But if anyone wants to look at the code of my extensions to maintain it for some while, then feel free Moreover, since the essential code of height right now is very compatible with the general code by the help of Moon Wizard (thanks again ), I may be able to update this extension quicker, it is mainly about my other bigger extensions; but I still wanted to notify you
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 28th, 2021 at 13:34.

Seems to work fine for me after the update.

Thread Information