STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 26 First 123412 ... Last
    I updated the extension for the 3.3.9 patch but you can already download it if you want, it will not affect anything because the changes I needed to do were actually about compatibility for FGU So no immediate need to download it, also not for 3.3.9; you only really need to download it when you already play in FGU

(Joking aside: It is not yet compatible with FGU, I have to do this later; the things I had to change due to 3.3.9 were only about FGU compatibility but seemingly I have to do a bit more for that other than just updating to 3.3.9 )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 16th, 2019 at 06:04.

Not sure what is going on. For some reason my text size on the tokens has changed, I was able control the worst of it, but the height indicator is very big. Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Not sure what is going on. For some reason my text size on the tokens has changed, I was able control the worst of it, but the height indicator is very big. Thanks!

Untitled.jpg
    Did you try one of the other versions of the extension? Height.ext is the smallest one Did you also beware that text in the first post?

Also: As with effect icons the scale of your map etc. affects that label, too (especially the size of the grid). When that happens and it becomes too big or small, then rightclick on a token and release the scale. Then by scrolling in and out and by changing the size of the token you can change the relative scale (First change the size of the token until the relative measure fits, then zoom in and out until the token covers the correct area of squares; then lock the token scale again) So the standard procedure you have to do as with effect icons
    Basically, the font size depends on the resolution of your map, too. Smaller resolutions/grid sizes in pixels cause bigger height labels

Oh, what I also see in your image: You have all height extensions loaded Please only load the height extension of the size you want, not all at once, otherwise they overwrite each other and you can not really control the size then anymore

Small height seems a little better. It seems like now the extensions are working properly, perhaps some other old extension is interfering with font size. Thanks for the help!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I believe I have to explain how the "Release token scale" works and how you can use that to change the size of the height label on the fly without changing the extension

Let us assume we have the following initial situation:

screenshot0020.png

First, let us try to make the height label very very small. To do this, do the following:

1. Right-Click on the token and click on "Release Token Scale".
    2. Do not zoom in/out, go with your mouse pointer over the token and now change the size of the token (with this extension: ALT + Mouse Wheel) until the relative measure of the height label with respect to the token size is smaller, i.e. increase the token size. screenshot0022.png
    3. You realize that now the height label is much smaller with respect to the token size but the token does not cover the correct area for its creature size (here: it is a medium creature, so the token should only cover one square) Now zoom in/out until the token covers the correct area. Since we increased the token size in the previous step we have to zoom in
    4. When you have done that, right-click again on the token (without zooming again, otherwise you destroy your work of the previous step of course ) and click "Lock Token Scale"
    5. The end result now looks like this: screenshot0023.png You see now the height label etc. are much smaller than initially Exactly what we wanted without the need to change the font size in the code of the extension

Now let us assume that we have again the situation as in the very first picture. But now we want to make the height label very big because we do not want to see the kobold's face anymore!
    1. Right-Click on the token and click on "Release Token Scale".
    2. Remember, do not zoom in/out, go with your mouse pointer over the token and now change the size of the token (with this extension: ALT + Mouse Wheel) until the relative measure of the height label with respect to the token size is bigger, i.e. decrease the token size. screenshot0024.png
    3. You realize that now the height label is much bigger with respect to the token size but the token does again not cover the correct area for its creature size (remember, here: it is a medium creature, so the token should only cover one square) Now zoom in/out until the token covers the correct area. Since we decreased the token size in the previous step we have to zoom out
    4. When you have done that, right-click again on the token (without zooming again, otherwise you destroy your work of the previous step of course ) and click "Lock Token Scale"
    5. End result: screenshot0025.png

You see actually one does not need to go into the extension to change the size, one also does not need to switch to one of the other versions of the extension. I did everything ingame this also works for effect icons and health bar/dot as you may have seen

Of course I now destroyed the aesthetics here but you can use that to fix your issue and make the label more aesthetic, too

I hope this helps to figure out how to resolve things when the image resolution is a bit different than usual
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 11th, 2019 at 00:26.

Small height seems a little better. It seems like now the extensions are working properly, perhaps some other old extension is interfering with font size. Thanks for the help!
    ah, very good

The extension got updated for 3.3.10, please download to avoid conflicts when you have updated to 3.3.10 (probably next week) There is also a new feature: The increment size will now automatically take the size of the grid coming from the ruleset (like the typical 5) When you still want to change the increment for the height while not changing the increment of the ruleset itself then do as usual but replace each

Code:
    Incrementsize = GameSystem.getDistanceUnitsPerGrid();
    with

Code:
    Incrementsize = NewValue;
    where NewValue is the value you want (with Notepad++ this is quickly done; but let me know whether you have problems ) Beware there are several lines in the code where you have to do that. I've added this information also to the the first post

There are also some font changes in 3.3.10; please let me know whether the height label is too small or similar
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 29th, 2020 at 21:52.

Blog Entries
    When I do 'alt-wheel' while running this extension by itself in PFRPG nothing happens.
    Plus.. when I 'ctrl-wheel' it spins but when I 'ctrl-wheel' on the combat tracker it scales.. does this make sense? Shouldn't it do the same thing in both places?
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    When I do 'alt-wheel' while running this extension by itself in PFRPG nothing happens.
    Plus.. when I 'ctrl-wheel' it spins but when I 'ctrl-wheel' on the combat tracker it scales.. does this make sense? Shouldn't it do the same thing in both places?
    I can't replicate this error, everything works well (when doing this on the token on the map). Are you running this in 3.3.10? It does not work in 3.3.9 I have reuploaded it today for 3.3.10 due to its release next week

Errr, yes, it is "intended" that it works differently in the CT; honestly, I didn't know that one can do something with the token in the CT + CTRL Therefore I didn't adjust its behaviour in the CT because I had no idea this is a thing Shall I replace it?

Thread Information