STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wot? No HeroLab import?

Hi,

I use HeroLab and saw the integration with FG advertised on their site, but now I've bought FG, I see that the import only works for Pathfinder...
    Is this planned for SW anytime soon? I guess it can't be that hard, it just needs some clever XSLT...

Cheers,

Ian

You will need to run the import program found in your folder C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\utilities.

You can easily find the folder by starting up FG and click on the folder icon in the right top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon View Post
    You will need to run the import program found in your folder C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\utilities.

You can easily find the folder by starting up FG and click on the folder icon in the right top corner.
    There is not Savage Worlds support in the Character Converter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As the OP mentioned, that appears to only support Pathfinder, 3.5 and 4e.

Tiqon,

It's not that hard. I've created a converter for my Castles & Crusades Hero Lab plugin to import characters into Fantasy Grounds.

It does take time to write the code and test, but it's not hard since all the files you deal with are XML.

I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been done already.
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    It's not that hard. I've created a converter for my Castles & Crusades Hero Lab plugin to import characters into Fantasy Grounds.

It does take time to write the code and test, but it's not hard since all the files you deal with are XML.

I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been done already.
    Sounds like someone's volunteering!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

argh! now you actually want me to READ what people write? bummer... And here I though "Hey this time I can be faster than Trenloe!" Double bummer. Sorry ianmward, I got trigger happy. In the other thread too (where I will stay away, there is only so much shame you can take in at a time....)

@dberkompas- I too was a bit surprised. What did you use to write your C&C converter? Is it using XSLT or plain coding? .Net or Java?

If you don't have time, can you share your code? Maybe I can adapt it...

Cheers

Ian

If you did a search on Hero Lab here in the Savage Worlds forum, you would find a post by me some short time ago about writing a converter in Python.

That lasted a couple months, now I've switched over to Java.

You can gladly take a look at my Java code that I'm using to convert my Hero Lab plugin to FG.

It's really quite simple, all I'm doing is reading in the custom xml output from Hero Lab into an XML tree, then writing it out in a format that Fantasy Grounds understands.

I did this by creating a character from scratch in FG and comparing to what Hero Lab outputs.

Give me a day or to to zip it up and put it on my server.

I'll post the link to my site here.

BoomerET

Here's the .java file: CandC Character converter

Here's the whole NetBeans Java project: C&C Character Converter Netbeans Project

That sounds great!

I look forward to seeing it.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    If you did a search on Hero Lab here in the Savage Worlds forum, you would find a post by me some short time ago about writing a converter in Python.

That lasted a couple months, now I've switched over to Java.

You can gladly take a look at my Java code that I'm using to convert my Hero Lab plugin to FG.

It's really quite simple, all I'm doing is reading in the custom xml output from Hero Lab into an XML tree, then writing it out in a format that Fantasy Grounds understands.

I did this by creating a character from scratch in FG and comparing to what Hero Lab outputs.

Give me a day or to to zip it up and put it on my server.

I'll post the link to my site here.

BoomerET

Thread Information