Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Storm King's Thunder module name change after release update

    Hi,

    I noticed that release updates for July 23rd, 2019, had changed the name of the 5E adventure from "DD Storm King's Thunder" to "D&D Storm King's Thunder". So now when I try to access my saved links I get the following prompt: "A module you are trying to use is not loaded. DD Storm King's Thunder Activate module and attempt to activate link again?" Consequently all changes I've made to the module have also disappeared. How do I proceed to fix things?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,866
    Welcome to the FG forums!

    You will have to edit your campaign db.xml file to change all the @DD Storm King's Thunder to @D&D Storm King's Thunder - a simple find replace should suffice - but make a backup of the file beforehand, just in case.

    As for your changes to the module - these would have been stored in a directory in your campaign directory called "moduledb" - in an xml file with the name of the module. Make a backup of the DD Storm King's Thunder.xml file and change it to D&D Storm King's Thunder.xml Then start up your campaign and see if the links work and the changes are there.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 3rd, 2019 at 23:25. Reason: Correct format of & sign for db.xml file find/replace updated

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  3. #3
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,866
    @tasdu - I've done a quick test, and the naming of the module in the FG campaign db.xml file is @D&D Storm King's Thunder - the & is coded as &

    Hope you can get your links and data back OK.

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #4
    @Trenloe - Your suggestions have fixed the issues; thank you!

  5. #5
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,866
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdu View Post
    @Trenloe - Your suggestions have fixed the issues; thank you!
    Fantastic!

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  6. #6
    TMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Portland, Oregon (USA)
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdu View Post
    @Trenloe - Your suggestions have fixed the issues; thank you!
    Just one more affirmation that this also fixed the same issue for me. Thank goodness for the quick and helpful response from this community!

  7. #7
    TMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Portland, Oregon (USA)
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Just one more affirmation that this also fixed the same issue for me. Thank goodness for the quick and helpful response from this community!
    Without taking anything away from my praise of this community, I do want to report that this "fix" still left me with issues during my game. First, none of the NPC tokens were on my battle-maps although the PC tokens were. So I had to remember where to place them since our last game session ended in the middle of a battle. Second, my encounter and story pins still wouldn't work. I had to use the stories to navigate the different rooms and pull up encounters. So, this wasn't as bad as I feared but it did cause some inconvenience. Is this always to be expected if a module gets renamed?

  8. #8
    Usually, only the cosmetic name gets changed when we need to update the naming of a module, not the reference name. I'm asking the 5E DLC developers to see if I can find out if something changed on SKT.

    Regards,
    JPG

  9. #9
    Looking into this, it was a simple mistake that slipped through when one of our content developers pushed an update. SKT is one a couple modules built with a different process than the others; and the reference name accidentally got changed, instead of the cosmetic name. I apologize for the mix-up.

    At this point, it seems best to leave it as it is now; or it would cause the same issue in reverse. I don’t want to mess things up for your campaign any further.

    Regards,
    JPG

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,732
    Blog Entries
    7
    Eh, it's only been a short while, I'm still inclined to just roll it back. Seems like that would do the least amount of campaign damage. Just my two cents.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in