DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can't Connect to Game Anymore

Its been a couple of months since we've had a session, but I can no longer connect to a game that I used to play in regularly. Both the host and I have the Ultimate License, so that shouldn't be an issue. The host is connected and I've been repeatedly told I'm using the correct alias. Windows Defender Firewall (only firewall I have) isn't blocking Fantasy Grounds, and I ran a connection test which came back successful.

Both Windows (10) and Fantasy Grounds appear to be up to date

Update; its definitely something involving my home network, because I can log out of my own network and into the public network for my provider, then successfully log into the game, but logging back into my home network, still can't join the game. Obviously this isn't a fantasy grounds issue, but does anybody know what about my network settings specifically is stopping me from logging in to a game? Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Have you rebooted your modems/routers? Start there.

Then, firewall or security software. Check your security software to make sure FG has not been blacklisted. if it is white listed (exception made), delete it and re-create it. Check for other settings like parental controls.

Then check your network hardware for the same types of things.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Check that you don't have multiple rules in Windows defender for FG. If you do then delete them all and make a new one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you both for your help. I tried all of those things, still no luck. I did have multiple rules for Fantasy Grounds in Windows Defender, I deleted them all and created a new one, still not working. I appreciate the advice

Blog Entries
    Well, would be really strange, but perhaps the GMs network is blocking from your private network for some reason but not your provider's public network? Can you connect to a different Gm's game while on your private network?

You can try PMing me or one of the Discord channels to see if anyone is available to start up their game and let you connect.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Make sure that your network connection is shown by Windows as "Private".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Make sure that your network connection is shown by Windows as "Private".
    It is, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    When you setup your connection do you could host did you add any Port Filters on the Router? If so please remove those.
    I have none of those. The guy in our group who knows about these things went through everything and thinks its something specific to the ISP since other players can connect (other players can connect, except the one other player who has the same service as I do), plus a lot of other technical things I don't really get. I can log into the game using my phone's wireless hotspot, so there is that.

We'll work on it more throughout the week

Thread Information