DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

MoreCore Window Issue

I'm putting together an extension for Fantasy Age using MoreCore and when I called up the character sheet I noticed that the Feats window is underlapping the Skills window. If I stretch the CS to the right the Feats window also stretches. Not sure how I managed this. Any ideas? (see attached)

fantasy age CS scnsht.PNG
    fantasy age CS scnsht2.PNG
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Well most likely the bounds for the frame are based on the edge of the character sheet window instead of static like the rest. You can tell by a negative number in the width spot of the bounds. If you set it static to a set width it won't go with the resize.

Examples:
    <bounds>15,50,-220,360</bounds> - Is an example of it being linked to the edge of the character sheet.

<bounds>15,60,230,290</bounds> - Is an example of it being static.

The bounds tag can be broken down to x, y, width, height. To fix would be to just set a static width and it won't follow the resize. You can do it with the extension by changing the bounds.

I looked over the version of MoreCore I have Version 1.51 20190428 and the frame in question is set to static. Have you made changes to the frame code or something you found?
    Last edited by superteddy57; September 14th, 2019 at 18:36.

Hmm, I'm no expert here. I haven't changed any bounding...on purpose. Where would I look for the bounds on this window? Which xml file?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

There's code in the character sheet that auto sizes that middle top frame ("cas2") as the window width is changed. This will work as long as the other frames take their connecting edge anchoring from this top middle frame. This is the cas2 frame. This code was added to allow for resizing the window width - and needed to keep three frames the same width.

The code is at the top of campaign\record_char_more.xml and also resizes combatframe and attackframe but these are pretty much self contained, cas2 is the one that the other frames in the bottom two-thirds of the MoreCore tab all anchor to.

• cas1 is anchored to the left of cas2.
    • cas3 is anchored to the right of cas2.
    • cas1a (the bottom row, left frame) is anchored below cas1 - so it inherits its right edge from cas2 via cas1 so you will just need to ensure that cas1 is anchored correctly and cas1a should follow suit.
    • cas2a (bottom row, middle frame) is anchored below cas2.
    • cas3a (bottom row, right frame) is anchored to the bottom right of cas2.

Review the current MoreCore extension and make sure that the above controls in your code maintain this anchoring.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 14th, 2019 at 19:01. Reason: Clarified cas1a anchoring
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll take a look see...thx!

Ok, I'm out of my league here. I've attached a link to a copy of the campaign\record_char_more.xml. Can you take a look Trenloe?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TC...VCO2FwEKznMH5V
    Last edited by Meliath1742; September 14th, 2019 at 19:20.

Blog Entries
    It looks to me like you just posted a copy of the morecore file rather than your extension?
    Are you following the youtube videos?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It looks to me like you just posted a copy of the morecore file rather than your extension?
    Are you following the youtube videos?
    I found the file Trenloe was referencing in MoreCore, not in my extension. I'm adding a link to the extension. It's a copy of previous MC extension for Symborum, I've just changed the background and a few other png's to reflect Fantasy Age.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Oz...QRUukWpnWbCQXu

Blog Entries
    Your source theme is several years old and MoreCore has evolved quite a lot since then including the window layouts.

Pretty much nothing in the extension copy of campaign\record_char_more.xml should be kept.

You should watch the videos...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Your source theme is several years old and MoreCore has evolved quite a lot since then including the window layouts.

Pretty much nothing in the extension copy of campaign\record_char_more.xml should be kept.

You should watch the videos...
    Understood. Thanks for the help Damned. I haven't watched any videos lately...I'll try to get caught up! :-)
    Last edited by Meliath1742; September 15th, 2019 at 11:35.

Thread Information