DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: portforwording

portforwording

i set up my port to 1802, i turned off the firewall, set network to private, i have tried hamachi. nothing seams to allow me to port forward and get the test to go from failing to success. i had this set up before with another router but it is no longer with us. so i got a new one. same brand, maker, model. inputted the same port just like i have done before. yet, nothing. i have given up. if anyone can come up with something i havnt tried and works. just reply back

You won't get a success with Hamatchi. That doesn't mean it won't work - you just need to test it with the help of someone else.

Hamatchi is still a no go as one of my players will not play if they have to use it.

Edit: so even if i could get it to work, there is not point to working with Hamatchi

So, does this player object to all VPN solutions or only Hamatchi?

1. 192.168.1.2
    2. 192.168.1.2
    3. Wireless also tried Wired
    4. check
    5. normal window firewall, even turned it off with no change
    6. i have a photo of this, but it has not helped any any case
    7. Confirmed

Blog Entries
    you cant have 192.168.1.2 as your LAN and WAN IP Address
    what does FG say your External IP is?
    what does your router say your external IP is?
    windows firewall turned off can still be active - did you create any rules? please post a screen shot
    please post the results of your tracert - doing a tracert and keeping the results to yourself wont help us troubleshoot the connection
    saying confirmed isnt confirming anything. what changes did you make? please post a screen shot

thank you Damned for all your help. the problem is solved

Quote Originally Posted by ansar0 View Post
    the problem is solved
    That's great to hear.

What was the issue? So that others who may have a similar issue can get guidance in the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It wasn't on my end, it was my Internet Service Provider. I had to cal them and have them fix something on there end.

Thread Information