FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starfinder Beginners Box?

I know that all of the D&D starter boxes and the essentials box are available here on Fantasy Grounds for people who play 5e, but for people like me who are interested in playing StarFinder for the first time with no experience with the system as well as my friends having no experience with StarFinder, will the StarFinder Beginners Box be made available so we can first dip our toes in to get a feel for the system and if we would all like it? I really can’t afford to drop money on the 4-5 core books , adventures, maps, tokens, etc. I would need just to test drive the system with my regular group. Before I make a large investment like that I would love to play the Beginners Box with them. It looks awesome to boot. If everyone in my group lived close by I of course would buy the physical boxed set and play at a real table, but all my players live out of state.

This is a great idea! I'd love to see this as well.

I'm sure they are going as fast as they can. Still a lot of work to be done on the ruleset yet.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

312/37 Hà Huy Giáp Quận 12 Tp.Hồ Chí Minh
    Good idea. I totally agree

One thing to keep in mind: As the beginner box uses simplified rules, it would require some changes from the regular ruleset - which might cost a lot of development time.

Required modules: The CRB and one AP book is usually more than enough to try the system out (though that's of course not an optimal solution).

I got the Starter box, to teach my family how to play RPGs, I played one session with them and switched to the full rules books. It was to simplified in my opnion. And as what was stated it would require changes made to the rule set. We are working hard on the main rule set to get it up to par.
    I had not planned on making it for FG at this point as it would take too much time away frim what needs to be done.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

One additional note: If you use the pregens and use a bit of time to prepare one of the free Paizo adventures, it is possible to test it out without too much monetary investment.

The adventure is very short there are only ~10 encounters and with the simplified rules (fewer skills than core, etc.) I'm not sure it would be worth the full price on FG IMO.

That said, it is a great box to start new players who have never played a RPG before and sit around a table. I'd say get the core book and start with an AP or one of the 3rd party adventures or the two one shots Paizo has released (Skitter Shot & Skitter Crash), both are great intros as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    The adventure is very short there are only ~10 encounters and with the simplified rules (fewer skills than core, etc.) I'm not sure it would be worth the full price on FG IMO.

That said, it is a great box to start new players who have never played a RPG before and sit around a table. I'd say get the core book and start with an AP or one of the 3rd party adventures or the two one shots Paizo has released (Skitter Shot & Skitter Crash), both are great intros as well.
    I agree, it was a good purchase for me as I had no equipment to play a physical table top game, so it gave me all I needed to play.
    But for FG, I dont think it would be worth it for what you would get. (just my opnion).
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    One additional note: If you use the pregens and use a bit of time to prepare one of the free Paizo adventures, it is possible to test it out without too much monetary investment.
    Which pregens? Is there a place where I can get starfinder pregens in fantasy grounds format? Thanks!

Thread Information