DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP: Pathfinder 2E Conversion Last 3 Chapters of Rise of the Runelords

10/19 Campaign began 10/2, next game 10/30. Seeking 1-2 additional players.

I've run Rise of the Runelords close to a dozen times, and for each of those times, the campaign has ended by the beginning of Chapter 4, Fortress of the Stone Giants, due to varied reasons.

On its skin, the second edition of Pathfinder seems to have better high level balance, hopefully resulting in less swingy combat situations/ PC disparity of abilities.

I want to skip all the low level story I've ran so many times and jump into the deep end, starting the campaign at the beginning of Fortress of the Stone Giants. To that end, I am looking for 4-6 players for a game of PF2.

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: Pathhfinder, Second Edition
    Sourcebooks Allowed: Core Rulebook, Lost Omens World Guide

Time Zone: EST That's GMT-4

Day of week and time: Wednesday 7:30pm-10(:30?)pm
    If new game, planned start date: October 2
    Planned Frequency: Bi-weekly
    Term: long term, probably take about 6-9 months????

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: strive for 5 by 5
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6
    Character starting level & equipment: 11th level, see page 511
    Character restrictions: Characters must be Good aligned, motivated towards heroics. Goblin characters must have been raised by Father Zanthus in Sandpoint after being rescued by the heroes of Sandpoint. Additionally, several pregens will be available to choose from for those wanting such. I'll be posting those here eventually.

Details of your scenario:
    A few years ago, in the sleepy coastal town of Sandpoint in Varisia, a group of young heroes saved the town from an invasion of goblins. Their adventures are being commemorated with the unveiling of a new sculpture during the annual Swallowtail Festival. The town is about to face a second invasion, this time by a much more dangerous set of enemies. The PCs are in town for the festival, and a new defense must be mounted.

Players who have played part (or even all) of the Rise of The Runelords AP are welcome to make their character backgrounds include the events of that the earlier adventures. PCs of other players should have reasons for being in and wanting to protect Sandpoint and te rest of Varisia from the dangers lurking ahead.
    Last edited by DMReckless; December 5th, 2019 at 03:20.

I would like to try out pathfinder so if you don't mind me learning on the job I think I could fit in well. I'm mostly very familiar with 5e.
    Thanks,
    Jimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I would like to try out pathfinder so if you don't mind me learning on the job I think I could fit in well. I'm mostly very familiar with 5e.
    Thanks,
    Jimbo.
    I enjoy teaching, and don't mind at all. With the new edition, it's a good time to start learning(in a sense, everyone is learning the system now). I should have some of the pre-made characters posted over the weekend, but also can find some time to help you work out your own if you'd rather.

i am interested in this game if still have room.. I have never played pathfinder so would be a change..

nvm
    Last edited by PoohPuss; September 15th, 2019 at 05:12.

I might want to try, too. New to pathfinder as well, though have experience in other systems.

nvm
    Last edited by PoohPuss; September 15th, 2019 at 05:13.

I'd like an add as well. I'm GMing my own 2E game on Fantasy Grounds still at level 2. As a forever GM I have lots of ideas for different characters. I'm weaker on Golarian Lore so whatever comes up in the AP will be exciting and new for me. Let me know if you still have space.

Looks like we have 5 interested people. I sent out a PM to all of you for the discord channel. Let me know if it times out (even though I set it to permanent, it happens).

We still have potential room for 1 more.

Pregens coming up over weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PoohPuss View Post
    If I'm accepted I would play anything that doesn't use divine magic, because I'm doing a Cleric for PFS2.

My preferred role will be as a fighter. I'll likely be "multiclassing" into the Runescarred archetype if you allow that one and allow having a background hailing from old Thassilon (Thassilonian Traveler). I don't know if that one in very appropriate or not appropriate at all. If it's the latter I'll do something else and no problem.
    Although Runescarred archetype is thematically appropriate and perfectly acceptable, Thassilonian Traveler is neither. This adventure definitely takes place before the rise of New Thassilon or the return of Xin-Edasseril (which takes place at the end of the second sequel to Rise of the Runelord-->Return of the Runelords.)

Thread Information