5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Again, it's hard for us to know what results you are seeing and what your expectations for it to do really are without seeing a URL. Google search doesn't tell you the algorithm used for searching either when you use it. If you only want recent stuff, then it sorts differently when you use the advanced searches.

Try using the links from the home page that direct you to the storefront for each system and see if that works better for you.

After applying a filter for search terms (Name and Description only), Advanced filters (Ruleset, Publisher, Product type, and contains search), it will return the results in the order selected. The default option is the one that is used if you don't use the advanced filter - by release date.

1. Sale items are placed at the top when the sale first starts - based on the start date of the sale
    2. If an item gets added to the store after a sale has started, it pops up to the top of the list ahead of sales.
    3. #2 is done because we have sales every week and new releases every week. New Releases should always benefit from increased visibility and not be buried under sales... which could span many pages at certain times of the year
    4. After each of these things, the "general" items are shown (Maps, tokens, etc.)

Top Sellers is limited to only top sellers that match the search criteria (Ruleset, Publisher, Product Type and Search Term).

Additional options you can use:
    The Publisher Name on each product listed is a hyperlink. Clicking this is the same as clicking the advanced dropdown and selecting that Publisher from the dropdown list
    The Ruleset on each product listing is a hyperlink. Clicking this is the same as clicking the advanced dropdown and selecting the Ruleset from the dropdown list
    The home page has shortcut links to common searches for various rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Again, it's hard for us to know what results you are seeing and what your expectations for it to do really are without seeing a URL. Google search doesn't tell you the algorithm used for searching either when you use it. If you only want recent stuff, then it sorts differently when you use the advanced searches.

Try using the links from the home page that direct you to the storefront for each system and see if that works better for you.

After applying a filter for search terms (Name and Description only), Advanced filters (Ruleset, Publisher, Product type, and contains search), it will return the results in the order selected. The default option is the one that is used if you don't use the advanced filter - by release date.

1. Sale items are placed at the top when the sale first starts - based on the start date of the sale
    2. If an item gets added to the store after a sale has started, it pops up to the top of the list ahead of sales.
    3. #2 is done because we have sales every week and new releases every week. New Releases should always benefit from increased visibility and not be buried under sales... which could span many pages at certain times of the year
    4. After each of these things, the "general" items are shown (Maps, tokens, etc.)

Top Sellers is limited to only top sellers that match the search criteria (Ruleset, Publisher, Product Type and Search Term).

Additional options you can use:
    The Publisher Name on each product listed is a hyperlink. Clicking this is the same as clicking the advanced dropdown and selecting that Publisher from the dropdown list
    The Ruleset on each product listing is a hyperlink. Clicking this is the same as clicking the advanced dropdown and selecting the Ruleset from the dropdown list
    The home page has shortcut links to common searches for various rulesets.
    That's great information, thanks for sharing.

Don't get hung up on my search as the issue here...as I stated yesterday, the info already provided was enough to clarify my searches and I haven't had any "issues" searching since. My comment last night was intended as a general statement of the state of an outdated and tired store. There are many modern stores that allow (arguably) much better display, filtering, and highlighting of items that could improve visibility and perhaps sales numbers. Take it for what it is worth...as I don't appear to be the only one that has issues with the store's features, functionality, etc. (based on just a quick browse over in the Tavern)
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Asking for the search URL is very important. It allows us to see what you are attempting to do and then a) provide an alternate approach and b) review whether or not a functionality change is warranted. With the launch of Pathfinder 2, we seem to have had a few similar requests.

It seems like people are coming to the store and typing in Pathfinder 2E into the search bar and not seeing results. The reason it returns an empty result is two-fold.
    1) The search bar only searches name and description. If "Pathfinder 2E" isn't in either of those, it won't return.
    2) Our Ruleset name is listed as Pathfinder 2.0

There are a few possible changes we could make on the website to allow for this.
    1) We could change our Ruleset name to Pathfinder 2E and then update our search bar to also search for a match on Ruleset name
    2) We could add tags into the product description with common search terms and these would be picked up. Pathfinder 2E, Pathfinder 2.0, PF2.0, etc.

If we only ever see feedback form a single person and we don't see what it is they are searching, we don't know how prevalent the issue is for other customers. My guess is that we would see some similarities across feedback and it would be something we could easily address.

Thread Information