FG Spreadshirt Swag

Extension Problem

I posted this to the House of Healing forum over a week ago, but with no responses I was advised to post my issue here:

I'm getting this error when opening NPCs with the Pulse derived stat (from Suzerain/Savage Mojo):

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_derivedstats.lua"]:30: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value

The net effect of this script error is that when creating NPCs, they have no derived stats at all (toughness, parry, nor pace).

Thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

OK...was able to get the derived stat Pulse to show up on NPCs by using the following:

<root>
    <template name="derivedstat_pulse">
    <derbase>
    <setup>
    <modifier>10</modifier>
    </setup>
    </derbase>
    </template>
    </root>

This makes the Pulse stat show up on NPCs.

However, I get the following error when opening PCs

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_derivedstats.lua"]:202: attempt to index local 'ctrl' (a nil value)

Pulse should start with a base of 10, and add 5 per rank after that..

Thanks,

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Bump.

I haven't checked the situation myself but according to your description I believe the issue is with NPC FG stat blocks. There the pulse is defined as string data type although it should be number. Such situation cannot be fixed with extension, module stat blocks should be fixed instead. I can take more detailed look on this but will need to find out who made the original conversion.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I converted the 2nd edition of Suzerain.

Looking at the XML, I see the following:

<pulse type="number">20</pulse>

I don't see any instances where Pulse is listed with type="string"
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; September 18th, 2019 at 15:50.

Thread Information