DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 83 of 100 First ... 3373818283848593 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MDarque View Post
    Correct. The forge version did not work, but the github version did work. The version numbers seem to be the same on both. So maybe up the version number and reupload to forge to make sure it sends the correct version to the clients?

To verify that the forge version has issues, I just removed the extension and had FG download it again, and the exception returned. I then replaced the corrected version and it worked again.
    Oki, thanks a lot for your help I now checked again, and indeed, I forgot to set the newest versions to live and so they were not downloaded; funnily, the alternative overlay versions of this extension were pushed on their forge websites, which is also why I didn't see that the most recent version is not pushed

(even funnier because of the fact that I want to move the alternative icon versions to the forge website of the standard icon overlays So, I actually want to deprecate these websites)

However I still pushed a new update with a new version number

Schneiderpants and MDarque, thanks a lot for your help, I hope it works now

Hi Kelrugem,

I have just deleted and reinstalled the extension, it is still having issues when hitting a damaged creature in the tracker that has FHEAL.
    The error message has changed and the behaviour is less intrusive - the healing occurs and there is no longer a prevention of applying effects globally after the error.

The error it throws is now this: Handler error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:2420: attempt to compare number with nil

This is following the issues originally addressed here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post679403

Please note that the Advanced Effects extension no longer seems to have any effect on this, i get the same error if it is loaded or isn't.

If you need logs I can generate some more.

Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Hi Kelrugem,

I have just deleted and reinstalled the extension, it is still having issues when hitting a damaged creature in the tracker that has FHEAL.
    The error message has changed and the behaviour is less intrusive - the healing occurs and there is no longer a prevention of applying effects globally after the error.

The error it throws is now this: Handler error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:2420: attempt to compare number with nil

This is following the issues originally addressed here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post679403

Please note that the Advanced Effects extension no longer seems to have any effect on this, i get the same error if it is loaded or isn't.

Thanks
    Mike
    I had a similar error while running my campaign this evening. the error handler message I received was:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "..Full OverlayPackage:..r_action_damage.lua"]:2470: attempt to compare number with nil

This happened every time damage was inflicted on a character.

I peeked at the code, and the line it was referencing was possibly:
    local nLayerID = ImageDeathMarkerManager.getMarkerLayer(sPath, true);

I then went back into FG, and after I changed the Blood Trails setting in Options (it was off to start with), the error stopped getting thrown, even when set back to off.
    My guess is that the code couldn't find a setting for Blood Trails and threw an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Hi Kelrugem,

Thanks
    Mike
    I cannot reproduce this error; thanks for the report

Can you check the extensions folder and check whether you have you unzipped extensions? (if you do not know what I mean, then you probably never unzipped anything) It can also be worth a try to delete my extension and try updating again

Or more explicit steps to reproduce I tried attacking persons with FHEAL effects and changing turns and rounds

I had a similar error while running my campaign this evening. the error handler message I received was:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "..Full OverlayPackage:..r_action_damage.lua"]:2470: attempt to compare number with nil

I then went back into FG, and after I changed the Blood Trails setting in Options (it was off to start with), the error stopped getting thrown, even when set back to off.
    My guess is that the code couldn't find a setting for Blood Trails and threw an exception.
    Thanks, I appreciate it The error suggests that it has something to do with a number, maybe the blood trail setting for the percentage for blood has some problems.

I can add some security checks for nil numbers, but I can still absolutely not reproduce this error so far. I changed the setting for blood trails and played around, but I never get the error

By the way, your error is at line 2470 instead of 2420 as in Kronides's error message, but there is no number in Extended automation; could it be that you use the StrainInjury variant? If yes, this would make more sense because line 2470 in StrainInjury is the same as line 2420 in Extended automation (and so it also makes sense that the error speaks about a number)

I do not think that the problem is with nLayerID because otherwise the general death marker feature should also throw errors, I think

I do use the StrainInjury variant. Good catch.

Hey, sorry busy week. I tested and the error I experienced on Monday is no longer occurring after your update. Thank you Kelrugem.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderpants View Post
    Hey, sorry busy week. I tested and the error I experienced on Monday is no longer occurring after your update. Thank you Kelrugem.
    Nice You're welcome

@MDarque and @Kronides: Can someone of you send a screenshot of your campaign settings (or maybe just of the whole FG screen which causes you the error)?

Here is my options screen. The error only occurs if you never make a change to the Blood Trails setting. As soon as you make any change, even setting it back to Off, then the error no longer occurs.
    settings.png

Thread Information