DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 57 of 100 First ... 747555657585967 ... Last
    Kel is being too humble, he helped me design the process to add Effects from other extensions into the Effect Builder. Plus he has helped with bug testing of the Effect Builder.

Just in case you wonder about the "recently updated" notifications on Forge: I updated the forge descriptions The effects tables are a bit better sorted now, and I added the definitions for all the abbreviations like (D) (similar to the wiki)

Thanks to SoxMax: New updates for extended automation and its variants More features added with respect to its compatibility with the effect builder, like more support for the (N)PC tags (some tags like the dice ones as in STR: [-1d6] are not yet implemented into the effect builder )

(For information about the effect builder see here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/457/view )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 3rd, 2022 at 20:43.

Hello Kelrugem, I hope all is well. Any idea on the impact of the updates released soon?

We're trying to keep on top of when we can update based on the extensions we use and yours are a huge part of our game experience.

Thanks in advance!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Hello Kelrugem, I hope all is well. Any idea on the impact of the updates released soon?

We're trying to keep on top of when we can update based on the extensions we use and yours are a huge part of our game experience.

Thanks in advance!
    Rob
    I think that my extensions are pretty safe regards the next beta/test release No complete guarantee, but I think my extensions do not need to be updated; and even if I need to update something, then it should be a pretty small change which I can then hopefully quickly do

(and thanks for the words )

The only problem may be that I move to Taipei on 28 Feb; if then this update is released and if I need to update a bit, then I might not be able to immediately look at it But as I said, I think there is not really any incompatibility right now

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The only problem may be that I move to Taipei on 28 Feb
    Congratulations! It's been a long wait!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Congratulations! It's been a long wait!
    hehe, thanks a lot

Hello Kelrugem,
    can you please implement a small change to gently fail on cases where the function getDamageAdjust which you have overlaid with an extended version (and containing additional parameters) is called *without* those parameters? See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...903#post640903
    Many thanks!

The change would be:
    Code:
    *** "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons/scripts/manager_action_damage.lua.ORIG"
    --- "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons/scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"
    *** 1224,1229 ****
    --- 1224,1236 ----
    bApplyIncorporeal = true;
    end

+ if not bImmune then
    +     bImmune = {};
    + end
    + if not bFortif then
    +     bFortif = {};
    + end
    +
    -- IF IMMUNE ALL, THEN JUST HANDLE IT NOW
    -- KEL add new output
    if bImmune["all"] then

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Hello Kelrugem,
    can you please implement a small change to gently fail on cases where the function getDamageAdjust which you have overlaid with an extended version (and containing additional parameters) is called *without* those parameters? See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...903#post640903
    Many thanks!

The change would be:
    Code:
    *** "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons/scripts/manager_action_damage.lua.ORIG"
    --- "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons/scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"
    *** 1224,1229 ****
    --- 1224,1236 ----
    end

+ if not bImmune then
    +     bImmune = {};
    + end
    + if not bFortif then
    +     bFortif = {};
    + end
    +
    -- KEL add new output
    if bImmune["all"] then
    Thank you very much for looking at that

If I see it correctly, then this is for compatibility with BCE? Yeah, my damage code is heavily changed, I rewrote all damage codes in such a way that they have to go through the function onDamage (instead of applyDamage), then these variables are built and not nil which is why I didn't put any if-clauses there This is due to the possible fortification bypass of the code.

I can look at implementing that; but on one hand I am very busy right now (moving to Taiwan soon) and on the other hand BCE might be therefore still incompatible with my extension due to what I described above. IMMUNE and FORTIF effects are checked in the function onDamage in my extension, so even if I solve these nil errors, the IMMUNE (and FORTIF) effects might still not work anymore if BCE and extended automation is loaded. They may not throw an error anymore, but the effects may be then simply ignored. I can try it out, but I think that this will sadly not fix the problem. BCE would probably need to channel their automation through onDamage instead to be compatible with my extension, I think. However, I may be wrong in that

(To change my approach via onDamage may be difficult and would need a major rewrite; not sure if it could be solved altogether from my side because the onDamage approach was needed for FORTIF)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 21st, 2022 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Hello Kelrugem,
    Many thanks!

The change would be:
    Code:
    *** 1224,1229 ****
    --- 1224,1236 ----
    end

+ if not bImmune then
    +     bImmune = {};
    + end
    + if not bFortif then
    +     bFortif = {};
    + end
    +
    -- KEL add new output
    if bImmune["all"] then
    Just a heads up, that Ryan seems to look at it (thanks ) (you may have seen it in the BCE thread)

Thread Information