FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 47 of 48 First ... 3745464748 Last
  1. #461
    Quick question. Is there a way to have the drbypass only work for specific dr types, such as dr magic. As I understand it and in my attempt to set this up properly drbypass is getting past all dr.

    I am looking at setting up an Inquisitor's Judgement of Smiting.
    Smiting: This judgment bathes the inquisitor’s weapons in a divine light. The inquisitor’s weapons count as magic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction.

    So while it needs to bypass DR magic, I don't want it to work on DR adamantine for example.
    This would be for an applied effect and not applied to a weapon quality.

    Thanks. I was super happy to see that greater minds like Kel and Phixation tackled this some time ago.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Post View Post
    Quick question. Is there a way to have the drbypass only work for specific dr types, such as dr magic. As I understand it and in my attempt to set this up properly drbypass is getting past all dr.

    I am looking at setting up an Inquisitor's Judgement of Smiting.
    Smiting: This judgment bathes the inquisitor’s weapons in a divine light. The inquisitor’s weapons count as magic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction.

    So while it needs to bypass DR magic, I don't want it to work on DR adamantine for example.
    This would be for an applied effect and not applied to a weapon quality.

    Thanks. I was super happy to see that greater minds like Kel and Phixation tackled this some time ago.
    If you just want to avoid certain DR like in this case, then it is much easier just to provide the corresponding damage type

    If it is a permanent ability, then just add magic as damage type to the weapon(s). If it is a temporary ability, then use the effect DMGTYPE: magic; this will add the magic damage type to all your weapon attacks (the latter of course also works for permanent abilities, but I usually prefer to keep the CT effect stuff as clean as possible )

    And thanks for the words

  3. #463
    Darn it! I knew this too. Now that you reminded me I have other players who've had similar abilities use this but it was my first time setting something like this up. Thanks Kel!!

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Post View Post
    Darn it! I knew this too. Now that you reminded me I have other players who've had similar abilities use this but it was my first time setting something like this up. Thanks Kel!!
    hehe, happens, you're welcome

  5. #465
    Hi

    Just a short notice, the next bigger update is a very big one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...029#post624029 That means: It may be that I am not able to immediately update everything before this is released

    Also: One of the changes is to remove FGC specific code. I will try to push soon finally my next updates (not accounting the changes on the test server); these versions will be also uploaded to the forums to be available for all FGC users. However, this will be then the last update for the FGC versions, the forge version will be then only for FGU (forge actually just downloads for FGU). Since FGC won't receive any updates anymore, there should be no danger of a suddenly broken extension
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 21st, 2021 at 09:37.

  6. #466
    now I know I won't update for a while :D

  7. #467
    Is there a function in here that will allow force-based armor effects to work against incorporeal attacks? It sounds pretty niche, but things like mage armor and shield are very common spells, and incorporeal enemies such as wraiths aren't too rare. I just had this come up in a game and if there was a forcearmor and forceshield type that applied their bonus as normal but also against incorporeal attacks, it would be a pretty simple solution.

    Just something to think about, I think I have a workaround that does well enough right now.

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
    Is there a function in here that will allow force-based armor effects to work against incorporeal attacks? It sounds pretty niche, but things like mage armor and shield are very common spells, and incorporeal enemies such as wraiths aren't too rare. I just had this come up in a game and if there was a forcearmor and forceshield type that applied their bonus as normal but also against incorporeal attacks, it would be a pretty simple solution.

    Just something to think about, I think I have a workaround that does well enough right now.
    I once had a code snippet for this but decided against this because I thought it should already be possible to code this, I think I can check again maybe (it is too long ago)

  9. #469
    Right now I'm using AC: 4 armor; IFT: Incorporeal; AC: 4 force for a mage armor effect and it's working right. I'm not sure if it's even recognizing "force" as an armor type. I doubt it, and I'll probably be alright removing it, but it's what works for now.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
    Is there a function in here that will allow force-based armor effects to work against incorporeal attacks? It sounds pretty niche, but things like mage armor and shield are very common spells, and incorporeal enemies such as wraiths aren't too rare. I just had this come up in a game and if there was a forcearmor and forceshield type that applied their bonus as normal but also against incorporeal attacks, it would be a pretty simple solution.

    Just something to think about, I think I have a workaround that does well enough right now.
    I go with the following:

    MAGE ARMOR; AC: 4 armor; IFT: TYPE (incorporeal); AC: 4 melee


    it's not perfect but still works most of the time:P

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Virtual DND

Log in

Log in