Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Kelrugem's extensions

Hi

There was a discussion in discord about that finding extensions in the forum can be a bit tedious. There is the stickied thread about community extensions but in that discussion it was about my extensions and that it is a maze of finding all the packages and combinations of my extensions; the conclusion was to make a central thread for these extensions I hope that this thread is not annoying, I try to keep it "minimalistic". I will push this thread every time when there is an update of one of the extensions. Thence, when you subscribe this thread you get an email notification about that I am not sure when I will add more extensions since I only do this in my free time (and I bought CC3+ last year and want to find finally some time to learn it ), but you can write here your requests of features and I will see if I am able to do it at some point (though I am not a coder, I learned a lot of coding by writing these extensions. So do not expect too much ).

My extensions:
    • Effects for fortification, half resistance, ghost touch, variable concealment, keen (code from darrenan for keen).
    • DMGTYPE and DMGSTYPE allow now a target, especially IFT works in combination with them.
    • The "Remove on Miss" option now respects rolls for miss chances.
    • Changed order of damage effects, according to FAQ of WotC: "Apply order such that damage is minimised".
    • Fixed rounding errors in vulnerability.
    • Solved several stacking problems, e.g. for DR and RESIST (the latter had problems when using more uncommon damage types or in combinations with resistance against all). In general these effects have now a more generalized code in the background to cover more uncommon and exotic situations and not just the ones in the core rules. Allows then also more customisation and homebrew.

2. Advanced Pathfinder.ext: As above, except:

• Ghost touch has to be applied differently
    • Vulnerability has to be applied directly after immunity and before resistance effects, this is what FG natively does, but there is still some changed order about when incorporeality is applied. There is sadly not really an official answer of Paizo about that, the applied order I got came after a discussion in the thread of this extension and is motivated by how robots recieve damage in PF1.

• Adds a new operator, IFTAG. With that you can add tags to specific effects to allow triggering effects only when these tags are met, e.g. save versus spells (and nothing else) and spell resistance against necromancy spells are possible.
    • Adds effects for DC, SR and spell/action immunity, all can be combined with IFTAG.
    • Evasion and improved evasion can also be combined with IFTAG.
    • The PC tags for attributes in effects ([STR], ...) now also respect effects such that you get the correct total modifier of your PC and not just the one in the PC sheet. Does not hold for the remaining ones as [BAB], [LVL] and [CL], simply because there are no direct effects for them.
    • Dice support for effects (only as random tables, so not "real randomness") such that effects for ability damages are e.g. fully automated (sort of ).

• Adds an AoO tracker in the CT.
    • Respects Combat Reflexes of NPCs.
    • Automates the tracker when an AoO is done.

• Adds a global toggle to turn on/off magical effects and penalties. In that way you do not have to click through each effect all the time or, when you made some "antimagic effect" for each PC to avoid clicking through all effects, you do not have to change this effect all the time when some buff expires or is added.

More in the next post
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 16th, 2019 at 16:49.

• Theme for 3.5e and PF1 (and some other rulesets probably); a mix of the dungeon and leather theme of 5e.
    • There is a second extension in the linked thread but I do not really like it, it "has more" of the leather theme.

• This extension is originally made by darrenan But I maintain it now.
    • Replaces the wound system by another system (too many things to list here, see the linked thread ).

• Adds a height label to tokens. Code basically from Ken L

So, now about the packages and additional new extensions which are not in the list above: Not all of these extensions are compatible with each other therefore I had to made combined extensions of them. In the following I list all combined packages and what they contain. For example: When you see combined extension of extension A and B then do not load A and B separately when you want both. Instead load the combined extension in the following list When you miss a combined extension of two extensions in the following list then this is imply due to that these observed extensions are compatible, thus, you can load them separetely
    These packages may also add things on top.
    • Combines Advanced Effects for 3.5e, Save versus tags and AoO tracker.
    • Adds overlays to give a visual hint about if someone is affected by a spell. This respects spell/action immunity, attacks (also miss chance), CLCs, saves, evasion and improved evasion.
    • Adds blood and death overlays.
    • The overlay idea comes from Ken L

10. Full OverlayPackage Pathfinder.ext: As above but for Pathfinder.

More in the next post
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 21st, 2019 at 16:59.

• Combines Advanced Effects for 3.5e and AoO tracker.

12. Advanced Pathfinder with AoO.ext: As above but for Pathfinder.

13. For combinations of these effects with StrainInjury (which is basically incompatible with all major extensions) see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...njury-packages

Future extensions (not sure if I will ever be able to do that):

• Celestian's advanced effect extension for 3.5e/PF.
    • New "spell class" for maneuvers as grapple things or the ones in the tome of battle, especially with the ability to force skill checks of targets.
    • Correct reach underlays but it seems that the code for that is encrypted, so not sure if I am able to do that
    • New effect stuff! Negation ! and (C) as in 5e, effect for ignoring effects of targets (like CONC coming from lightning effects, though that effect can have targets; but depending on the numbers of actors in the CT an "ignore target" function could be useful, like an inversed targeting function) and so on
    • CON effects (or a new separate CON effect) applies damage according to HD
    • Making HP calculation customizable
    • Automatic adding of tags of psi, psi-like and of the spell level
    • StrainInjury: Health bars respecting injury damage (their colour is already doing this but not their height)
    • Preparation mode with "Once" and "daily" options as in 5e.
    • Disease and poison automation
    • Time "pusher" (especially for hours etc. and then adding the possibility that hours duration are tracked properly in the CT)
    • Encumbrance of weight automated (armor check penalty and max DEX due to weight not just armor)

Have fun I hope this thread is okay

Kelrugem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 3rd, 2019 at 05:04.

[Reserved for future #1, just in case]

[Reserved for future #2, just in case ]

Thanks for all your hard work Kel!
    My group really appreciate both your AoO tracker and the leather theme.

Thanks for your words

With respect to compatibility with other extensions: As I said I made a lot of combined packages but I just realized that my extensions may not be compatible with the mirror image extension of darrenan. Sorry, didn't realize that (since it's only for PF1 and so I do not use it in my 3.5e games). I try to make a combined package with that extension in the future when I find time for it

The anti-magic field extensions would be enough, the simplicity outside the box approach, Kelrugem than you very much.

I made some screenshots.
    The "ANTI" approach seems to work best for me, effects may be easily added to account for the magic used. In this case I added the effect for the magic whip anti-magic effect for attack and damage
    ANTI 1.jpg
    This is the result when one toggles the individual On/Off on the combat tracker.
    ANTI 2.jpg

Simply awesome!!!!

Kelrugem thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    The anti-magic field extensions would be enough, the simplicity outside the box approach, Kelrugem than you very much.

I made some screenshots.
    The "ANTI" approach seems to work best for me, effects may be easily added to account for the magic used. In this case I added the effect for the magic whip anti-magic effect for attack and damage
    ANTI 1.jpg
    This is the result when one toggles the individual On/Off on the combat tracker.
    ANTI 2.jpg

Simply awesome!!!!

Kelrugem thanks again!
    Thanks for the words I am glad that someone else can use the antimagic extension, too

Thread Information