DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 100 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    The situation I was looking at is rare, but can't be done as a weapon.
    I'm working on porting the 5E advanced effects extension to 3.5e and pathfinder.
    It's basically done.
    I setup arrows to have flaming burst, which is at least 2 effects. 1 for the 1d6 and 1 for the crit 2d10 the bow has corrosive burst for 1 effect for the crit and the 1d6 is in the weapon.
    This is an extreme example, but it works except for this particular bug. I'm guessing it's fixable, I just don't know enough about what happens where. I'm learning through trial and error. The documentation for this sucks.
    If someone can point me to the file that has the code for determining what gets rolled when I'll have a look at it. That's if it's accessible.
    Last edited by rmilmine; May 9th, 2020 at 03:28.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    The situation I was looking at is rare, but can't be done as a weapon.
    I'm working on porting the 5E advanced effects extension to 3.5e and pathfinder.
    It's basically done.
    I setup arrows to have flaming burst, which is at least 2 effects. 1 for the 1d6 and 1 for the crit 2d10 the bow has corrosive burst for 1 effect for the crit and the 1d6 is in the weapon.
    This is an extreme example, but it works except for this particular bug. I'm guessing it's fixable, I just don't know enough about what happens where. I'm learning through trial and error. The documentation for this sucks.
    If someone can point me to the file that has the code for determining what gets rolled when I'll have a look at it. That's if it's accessible.
    What Ckorik meant is that you should add the non-crit as a separate damage die in the weapon damage entry and not as effect, then it should work. I believe that it is related to that the "critical" damage type is a special damage type, it gets added to other damage types (DMG: 1d6 critical would add a separate d6 which carries also the weapon damage types of the actor weapon; I think this property fails here, but the code of the damage type clauses has some bugs (also in 5e btw) and it is difficult to follow its code. I personally just wait for a fix at the moment rather than messing with its code since these are rare edge cases ). That is not a bug related to the extensions but of the native FG, therefore Moon Wizard probably knows more about it, but the devs are now full into FGU of course

And sorry also here for my late response, was gone some time

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    What Ckorik meant is that you should add the non-crit as a separate damage die in the weapon damage entry and not as effect, then it should work. I believe that it is related to that the "critical" damage type is a special damage type, it gets added to other damage types (DMG: 1d6 critical would add a separate d6 which carries also the weapon damage types of the actor weapon; I think this property fails here, but the code of the damage type clauses has some bugs (also in 5e btw) and it is difficult to follow its code. I personally just wait for a fix at the moment rather than messing with its code since these are rare edge cases ). That is not a bug related to the extensions but of the native FG, therefore Moon Wizard probably knows more about it, but the devs are now full into FGU of course

And sorry also here for my late response, was gone some time
    I did actually. The problem is that as follows. I have arrows with flaming burst and I have a bow with corrosive burst. I can't put the 1d6 for flaming burst in the arrows as the acting weapon is the bow not the arrows. So the arrows create 2 effects. 1 for the 1d6 fire and 1 for the 1d10 fire crit. The bow itself being a base weapon has the 1d6 acid built into it's damage list while the 1d10 acid crit is an effect. This is really the only way to do this. It's an extreme case so I'm not too worried about it.
    Just as an exercise of learning the code any suggestions on what lua file it's in or what function to start with in a file I'd like to have a look but I've no idea where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I did actually. The problem is that as follows. I have arrows with flaming burst and I have a bow with corrosive burst. I can't put the 1d6 for flaming burst in the arrows as the acting weapon is the bow not the arrows. So the arrows create 2 effects. 1 for the 1d6 fire and 1 for the 1d10 fire crit. The bow itself being a base weapon has the 1d6 acid built into it's damage list while the 1d10 acid crit is an effect. This is really the only way to do this. It's an extreme case so I'm not too worried about it.
    Just as an exercise of learning the code any suggestions on what lua file it's in or what function to start with in a file I'd like to have a look but I've no idea where to start.
    Ah, I see, I didn't read carefully Well, one could add a separate weapon entry for the same bow but with that arrow; of course a bit tedious maybe

Please redownload save versus tags and all the extension which contain save versus tags I accidentally made a bad copy&paste in the last patch and broke IF and NIF effects, that should be fixed now

I know that some people now wrote extensions to make them compatible with mine, therefore I feel very sorry that reuploaded it (I only changed manager_actions.lua, simply copy over that file then you do not have to redo your stuff)

I sadly had no time yet to look at your extensions, I am having a lot of health issues right now and my thesis is very stressful at the moment such that I only had time to write this hotfix

Thanks for your contributions

EDIT: I wonder why noone yet saw this error, some error message pops up when that happened; but probably because IF and NIF effects are the less used ones
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 13th, 2020 at 02:31.

Hi

About the FGU usage: Since the last patch of FGU my extensions will not work anymore with FGU, only for FGC I am sorry to say that I will update my extensions when FGU is nearer to release otherwise I will have to update my extensions too often sadly :/ (as an example: My height label extension sometimes works with FGU, sometimes not, it changes all the time, and I would need to update that extension very often)

Since FGU changes very frequently and since I do sadly not have that much time at the moment to update my extensions that often, I have to wait until FGU is more stable. FGU basically also runs in 3.3.11 mode which means that FGU basically runs with the next patch and so ruleset-specific things and extensions can break in FGU while they work in FGC; my extensions sadly already need a lot of maintenance, having two different versions would just add a lot to that maintenance

I hope you can understand In FGC they work (hopefully )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi

About the FGU usage: Since the last patch of FGU my extensions will not work anymore with FGU, only for FGC I am sorry to say that I will update my extensions when FGU is nearer to release otherwise I will have to update my extensions too often sadly :/ (as an example: My height label extension sometimes works with FGU, sometimes not, it changes all the time, and I would need to update that extension very often)

Since FGU changes very frequently and since I do sadly not have that much time at the moment to update my extensions that often, I have to wait until FGU is more stable. FGU basically also runs in 3.3.11 mode which means that FGU basically runs with the next patch and so ruleset-specific things and extensions can break in FGU while they work in FGC; my extensions sadly already need a lot of maintenance, having two different versions would just add a lot to that maintenance

I hope you can understand In FGC they work (hopefully )
    Hi again!

As with the other extension, i'm using this one in FGU and kept finding this error
    [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:114: attempt to index global 'windowlist' (a nil value)
    After a few test I found out that it was because of this extension and managed to go around it.

If any one is having the same problem, the problem lies in the file specified in the error (ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua). Changing this (on line 114):
    Code:
    	-- Update list information (global subsection toggles)
    	windowlist.onVisibilityToggle();
    	windowlist.onEntrySectionToggle();
    for this:
    Code:
    	if windowlist ~= nil then
    	end
    solves it as far as I know (yet it might break something else )

Once again, thank you very much Kelrugem for this amazing work. I've tried to read some documentation on the scripting language here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp, but I cannot find what 'onVisibilityToggle()' and 'onEntrySectionToggle()' do. Do you know where I can find it?

See you guys,
    Raust.

Quote Originally Posted by Raust View Post
    Hi again!

As with the other extension, i'm using this one in FGU and kept finding this error
    After a few test I found out that it was because of this extension and managed to go around it.

If any one is having the same problem, the problem lies in the file specified in the error (ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua). Changing this (on line 114):
    Code:
    for this:
    Code:
        if windowlist ~= nil then
        end
    solves it as far as I know (yet it might break something else )

Once again, thank you very much Kelrugem for this amazing work. I've tried to read some documentation on the scripting language here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp, but I cannot find what 'onVisibilityToggle()' and 'onEntrySectionToggle()' do. Do you know where I can find it?

See you guys,
    Raust.
    Hi

thanks for the informations Yes, the extensions won't work in FGU yet, too many things are changing there and I need to port it later This part you have found is handled differently in FGU seemingly (I compared the FGC ct_entry.lua and the one of FGU for 3.5e/PF1 and they handle this stuff differently, windowlist.onEntrySectionToggle() does not even get used in FGU seemingly (so, your fix might indeed cause something; you could test it by deleting an NPC from the CT maybe ))

I also couldn't find any information about these functions, by their names it seems to be about the visibility and faction toggle, maybe it is about getting rid of its token on the map if any? Not sure (this is something of the native code, not something I have added )

As always Kelrugem, just amazing! Thank you for making the incredible Overlay Extension for PF1!

Overlay PF1.jpg

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    As always Kelrugem, just amazing! Thank you for making the incredible Overlay Extension for PF1!

Overlay PF1.jpg
    you're welcome I am glad when people are happy about it

Thread Information