STAR TREK 2d20
Page 56 of 100 First ... 646545556575866 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    should be, if Bmos already pushed his version to the forge

Can you try to test just with my extension enabled? I tested and could not reproduce your error

Ah, also: Go into your /extensions folder and check whether you still have an Advanced Effects extension in the folder; Bmos's forge versions are now installing into the /vaults folder, not the /extensions one. But: Any version in the /extensions folder of an extension overwrites any version in the /vault. Hence, even if you update through the forge, a version of the extension in /extensions may still overwrite your updating So, the best may be to check whether you still have an old version installed
    That fixed it! (Removing the Advanced Effects.ext from the folder). I was not aware of your point on bmos' extensions installing through the vault folder and FG overriding anything still existing in the Extensions folder. Is this only for bmos' extensions? Obviously I should remove all of his that are updating from the Forge/vault folder. Should I do so for yours and others as well?

Quote Originally Posted by brendude View Post
    That fixed it! (Removing the Advanced Effects.ext from the folder). I was not aware of your point on bmos' extensions installing through the vault folder and FG overriding anything still existing in the Extensions folder. Is this only for bmos' extensions? Obviously I should remove all of his that are updating from the Forge/vault folder. Should I do so for yours and others as well?
    My extensions still install into the /extensions directory, so, in my case it is not necessary But the dev can decide where the extension gets installed, but if you only use extensions from the forge, then the easiest may be to simply erase the whole /extensions folder and afterwards click update In that way you should only have the extensions in /extensions which should be actually there

Quote Originally Posted by brendude View Post
    Ok great thanks will do!
    You're welcome

Ah, by the way: Would you all like it if I would add a module to my extension? This module would only contain a reference manual with precisely the information as given on the forge website, however it may take a while until I have done so (and it would also mean more maintenance for me)

Ah, by the way: Would you all like it if I would add a module to my extension? This module would only contain a reference manual with precisely the information as given on the forge website, however it may take a while until I have done so (and it would also mean more maintenance for me)
    I prefer having it in the browser.

I agree with bmos. There’s so much FGU stuff to keep track of - easier to have it bookmarked in a browser folder or as a document. I did like that word document/pdf you made at one point (summarizing everything in your extension). Handy to have a printed sheet sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I prefer having it in the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaiwalla View Post
    I agree with bmos. There’s so much FGU stuff to keep track of - easier to have it bookmarked in a browser folder or as a document. I did like that word document/pdf you made at one point (summarizing everything in your extension). Handy to have a printed sheet sometimes

Thanks both for your answers Oki, then I rather avoid a reference manual (would be too much maintenance, I think)

Oh, about the pdf: Should I bring this back? I still have it, just didn't update it with the newest effects I thought people would now maybe rather use the forge description

The store page works fine for me.

New update!

Evasion and Improved Evasion now also show up in the effects' window as effects buttons; the effects' window is accessible in the upper right of the sidebar

Compatibility patch for advanced effects by Bmos and Rmilmine (Thanks to Bmos for suggesting some compatibility codes )

Also big thanks to SoxMax I am very happy to say that extended automation is now the first extension supporting the effect builder by SoxMax See here for information about the effect builder: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/457/view. That is, the effects of this extension will also show up in the effect builder if you also loaded the effect builder plus the plugin for 3.5E/PF1 (see the link about the effect builder for more information about the needed plugin; it is basically an effect wizard/generator which allows you to build effects with less need to be proficient with the effects' syntax). This is solely made by SoxMax, I just merged his suggestions for the code into the extension

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    The store page works fine for me.
    thanks for the answer
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 23rd, 2022 at 01:34.

Thread Information