5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Rob2e Module Loader Extension

This has been replaced with an unloader extension found here...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...147#post580147
    Last edited by rob2e; February 19th, 2021 at 15:15.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Good grief. All your DMsGuild modules? Won’t that overload everyone’s computer?

And remind me to add this to the stickies.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post

That's JPG's department.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Wait, does this actually go out to DMSGuild and download the modules for you, or do you already have to have them downloaded and in the right folders?

Also, one thing that the Module loader window has been missing is a filter by loaded/unloaded. Add that and this would be 100%
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Wait, does this actually go out to DMSGuild and download the modules for you, or do you already have to have them downloaded and in the right folders?

Also, one thing that the Module loader window has been missing is a filter by loaded/unloaded. Add that and this would be 100%
    It can’t download anything, but it will load ones you own and give you opportunity to go to the DMs Guild page of those you don’t. All is explained in the video.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post

Zacchaeus, I'm reminding you?
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Rob, this is super-awesome! I use nearly all your modules all the time.

Is there a way to add functionality so a DM can auto copy their normal open module layout (using the open modules file for instance) so that if you want to reopen your standard "bundle," there's another button that recalls that saved-off xml to reopen the modules listed in it? Effectively also providing it as a toggle to use throughout the game as needed? Not sure if toggling during a 4 hour game session like this would help with balancing out the limited memory to help avoid crashes and whatnot, but figure I'd ask.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Rob, this is super-awesome! I use nearly all your modules all the time.

Is there a way to add functionality so a DM can auto copy their normal open module layout (using the open modules file for instance) so that if you want to reopen your standard "bundle," there's another button that recalls that saved-off xml to reopen the modules listed in it? Effectively also providing it as a toggle to use throughout the game as needed? Not sure if toggling during a 4 hour game session like this would help with balancing out the limited memory to help avoid crashes and whatnot, but figure I'd ask.
    I'm the words of Mattekure who helped to develop it...

I'd say its not something being considered currently, but possibly in the future.

Going down the rabbit hole of saving off loaded modules and storing the info, toggling is a nightmare. There is no way to save off the XML as he puts it, FG doesn't allow us to arbitrarily create our own files. All the info would have to be stored within the campaign db.xml. Also, "toggling" the modules would not really help with memory issues. it would incur a large performance hit every time and would be bad especially in the middle of a session. you are much more likely to crash FG if you tried to do that.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    I'm the words of Mattekure who helped to develop it...

I'd say its not something being considered currently, but possibly in the future.

Going down the rabbit hole of saving off loaded modules and storing the info, toggling is a nightmare. There is no way to save off the XML as he puts it, FG doesn't allow us to arbitrarily create our own files. All the info would have to be stored within the campaign db.xml. Also, "toggling" the modules would not really help with memory issues. it would incur a large performance hit every time and would be bad especially in the middle of a session. you are much more likely to crash FG if you tried to do that.
    Ah, I didn't that. Thank you, Rob and Mattekure! I guess if loading modules at any time causes a spike and then overall raises the memory anyway because more is loaded, and toggling them off later also causes a spike but ultimately doesn't release the memory even when the modules are toggled off, that really wouldn't help.

I went ahead bought like $ 240 worth of Rob2e goodness and I'm getting these errors. Any help would be appreciated.
    [5/14/2020 7:13:34 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
    [5/14/2020 7:13:34 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/14/2020 7:13:35 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (Better_Module_Window): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
    [5/14/2020 7:13:35 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (Enhanced_Spell_Window): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

Thread Information