DICE PACKS BUNDLE

MacBook Air & FG

I'm thinking of purchasing a Macbook Air (latest version), which has an 8th Gen i5 in it. It comes with the Intel UHD Graphics 617 integrated card. My question is, does FG work well with Intel graphics now or is it still sluggish?

The Mac version of FG is really the Windows version running within Wine. My experience with running FG on an Intel GPU is that it actually runs pretty well inside Wine, compared to natively on Windows on the same hardware. YMMV. If you move up to FGU when that comes out, the Intel GPU should work just fine with it.

Be aware that the upcoming MacOS Catalina update will completely break the current version of FG, since Catalina will not support 32-bit programs at all. Also, be aware that this will not be a problem with FGU when it is eventually released, since it will be a 64-bit program. However, Catalina will come much earlier than FGU, so be careful not to upgrade to that on a system you want to use FG on.

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    The Mac version of FG is really the Windows version running within Wine. My experience with running FG on an Intel GPU is that it actually runs pretty well inside Wine, compared to natively on Windows on the same hardware. YMMV. If you move up to FGU when that comes out, the Intel GPU should work just fine with it.

Be aware that the upcoming MacOS Catalina update will completely break the current version of FG, since Catalina will not support 32-bit programs at all. Also, be aware that this will not be a problem with FGU when it is eventually released, since it will be a 64-bit program. However, Catalina will come much earlier than FGU, so be careful not to upgrade to that on a system you want to use FG on.
    Thank you, thats the answer I needed. I didn't know about the Catalina bit, good to know. This will be my first system running macOS, so that really saved my bacon. Thanks again!

Well if you use Parallels, you won’t have a Catalina problem. That is what I use, and it works flawlessly.

Thread Information