FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for Players: 2e to 5e Ravenloft conversions / COS + Gunslingers from WildWest

Salutations fellow nerds, Im Mac. I have been a long time DM since 2e. I kind of skipped over 3.5 and 4 but now I'm into 5e and looking to DM a series of FG Games.
    My Campaign is a 2e conversion of a Ravenloft Open World using COS and other resources but with many twists. My intent is to give players a completely new experience even if they have slewn the devil Count Strahd Von Zarovich in the past.

FG License: I have Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5E
    Time Zone: Pacific -8
    Day of week and time: Weeknights / Weekends, flexible

Term: 2 - 4/6 hours per session depending on players, Multiple weekly sessions possible.

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No / Maybe Later? up to you guys.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, completely depends on players
    Number of Players in game & needed: 2 per session (Sometimes More)
    Character starting level & equipment: Special
    Character restrictions: Special PLS Read Below

Details of your scenario:

The lands of Barovia has seen many hapless adventurers wander through the Mists. Some of these people simply assimilate into the Barovian culture. Mostly these wanderers die. But sometimes, just sometimes the Mists preset something new. American West circa 1890's. Perhaps you are a gun for hire, maybe just a simple pig farmer. You Doze off listening to steady rhythm of the rail road tracks beneath you. The train lurches side to side as it gently rocks its passengers to sleep on this dark and starless night. However you are suddenly awakened by the screeching and ripping of steel and a horrific crash as you are launched out of the train. You instantly know the train derailed, you do not know how long you've been laying there. You look up and see a cloud filled night sky, even the moon is obscured. Thick fog hangs covering the crash site. There are no survivors, except you. In the distance you can see a light on the other side of valley. It must be a town. You gather your belongings and trek through the fog in the direction of the light.

In this Ravenloft / COS campaign the players will take the roles of Gunslingers from the Wild West. Think Clint Eastwood teams up with Django and kills Lovecraftian Evil Entities, Zombies, Vampires and ect. I have 3 homebrew / reskin Gunslinger Classes to choose from and a Tinker (artificer / crafter) Class which you can multi-class with. I admit, the classes are a little over powered in the beginning but that is to account for the smaller party size plus this is a DEADLY campaign. Meaning that I will kill players, but rest assured friends, there are worse things in Barovia than death.

Also, can we forget that Tatyana lady for just a second? Did you know that when Tatyana is not around Count Strahd von Zarovich is actually a really likable guy? Besides for being LE and all. Tatyana just brings out the worst in him. For that reason, no Tatyana in this game. We will be focusing on other characters like Von Richten, Azlin, Soth and various other minor Dark Lords. You may choose to kill Strahd later because.... reasons. But in the begining think of him more as a benefactor or patron or lord and ruler. Because if you dont he will simply kill you, or worse.

So basically you're a Van Helsing type fellow or lady assassinating Dark Lords for another Dark Lord while the Evil Entities and Old Ones attempt to corrupt and twist your soul.

Guys, for the sake of brevity I kept this short but if youre ready to take a deep dive into Ravenloft Lore with Flame Spewing Shotguns, Lever Action Rifles of Holy Light and Rapid Fire Dual Pistols this is your game.

Im looking for New to D&D and Vets alike. As a DM I like to do all the normal stuff plus utillize Downtime / Crafting rules, I want Players to own property, command NPC's / armies, fire explosive tipped ballista at humongous Flesh Golems, get wrapped up in political scandals, argue amongst themselves, kill ea.. NM, I'm just here for the collective story tellings.

If this is the cup of tea you've been waiting for by all means contact me.
    Other wise, if it sounds kinda O.K. we can do a one shot. And if you happen to die I will raise your body back from the dead and use you as undead gunfighter for my own nefarious reasons.

Thanks for the read!

Also, please guys Im looking for players that can grin and bear with me while I blunder through the software. Its kind of tough but I'm getting better every time I do this!

Link to Game Calendar page: to be announced

I love Ravenloft, depending on day and time - I want in!

Cool, I will send you a PM on how we can get started.
    see you in the demiplane of dread!

If you end up running Friday Saturday or Sunday I am 100% down.

Cool and thanks for your interest. I will send you a PM on how / when we can get started.

Also for anyone else interested, the Gunslinger classes used within this campaign are just a variation of the unofficial gunslinger class:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gunslinger_(5e_Class)

Anyway see you in the demiplane of dread!

Join up?

Sounds interesting. Have had an itch for a western of late. Would like to join up if there's an opening. Am US East coast. Available evenings (6 - 10pm).
    Not overly familiar with FP, but learning. No experience with 5e. Can work with others w/o problem, can't promise the same of the character.
    Lee Van Cleef fan for character type. Can best be reached at [email protected]
    Last edited by scook6987; September 16th, 2019 at 21:47. Reason: UPdate

Quote Originally Posted by scook6987 View Post
    Sounds interesting. Have had an itch for a western of late. Would like to join up if there's an opening. Am US East coast. Available evenings (6 - 10pm).
    Not overly familiar with FP, but learning. No experience with 5e. Can work with others w/o problem, can't promise the same of the character.
    Lee Van Cleef fan for character type. Can best be reached at [email protected]
    Thanks for your interest! I will email you instructions on how we can get started. Looking forward to see Lee Van Cleef in Ravenloft, I think he'd fit right in!
    Planning to run a short game this weekend.

Hi,
    Any info on what's planned yet? Hopefully all is well and moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by scook6987 View Post
    Hi,
    Any info on what's planned yet? Hopefully all is well and moving forward.
    Hey, yeah sorry I havent gotten to you sooner. The games are going great and if you're available this weekend perhaps we can get you in. I will email you the particulars right now!

Are you still looking for players? I could be available on weekends est. sounds like a fun campaign, almost like a steampunk setting
    Last edited by Glorwin; September 28th, 2019 at 22:38.

Thread Information