STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Purchased the Ultimate Edition

It makes me sad how much time I've wasted with Roll20. Literally, the ONLY advantage to Roll20, is my players can log in, without me having to be there. That's it. Setting my compliment to the side, I'm running into some minor things with Fantasy Grounds.

I've noticed that certain spells, such as Unseen Servant, doesn't exist. Not to big of an issue when I saw I can create new spells and add them PERMANENTLY to the master list! Suck it roll20, drag and drop for life with Fantasy Grounds.

I still haven't figured out how to change the calendar's month names. I would like to use Ravnica's month names, instead of the old, January, February, March, etc deal. Would anyone know how to do this? I've looked on Google and Youtube and I can't find the solution I am looking for.

And last, is there anything I should know to turn on to make my players's lives, easier?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to Fantasty Grounds,

Unseen Servant should be there, in 5e anyway, if you have the modules D&D 5E SRD Data or D&D Player's Handbook loaded in the library.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to FG and the forums.

I have not seen anyone contribute a Ravnica calendar to the community yet, and I couldn't find one with a quick search. In the meantime, here are a couple of posts that can point you into creating your own calendar;
    - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...endar-Tutorial
    - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post173603

As for what to learn.... well, there is lots and lots. I would suggest starting with the User Manual. Then you can check our videos or the Tutorial Campaign or something else. I would also make sure to checkout FG College. They hold free classes and have other resources etc for getting started. But first remember, start slow. You do not (and probably should not) try and do everything up front. Learn the Combat Tracker, then start learning about effects. Then start going farther from there.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome to FG and the forums.

I have not seen anyone contribute a Ravnica calendar to the community yet, and I couldn't find one with a quick search. In the meantime, here are a couple of posts that can point you into creating your own calendar;
    - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...endar-Tutorial
    - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post173603

As for what to learn.... well, there is lots and lots. I would suggest starting with the User Manual. Then you can check our videos or the Tutorial Campaign or something else. I would also make sure to checkout FG College. They hold free classes and have other resources etc for getting started. But first remember, start slow. You do not (and probably should not) try and do everything up front. Learn the Combat Tracker, then start learning about effects. Then start going farther from there.
    I've attempted the tutorial, but its confusing. Literally all I need to do, is change the Georgian calendar month names to Ravnica's month names.. Since Ravnica uses the traditional Calendar. Somehow the modules are in a movie format?

Capture 2.PNG
    Last edited by TheCosmicHand; September 9th, 2019 at 01:55.

Blog Entries
    Now, they are not in a movie format. Their are only so many 3/4 digit letter combinations so file extensions are not unique to file type. They are actually zip files. Rename the file to .zip and then you can extract it and edit it. Just remember, when you zip it back up, don't zip the containing folder itself, just the stuff inside it.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Now, they are not in a movie format. Their are only so many 3/4 digit letter combinations so file extensions are not unique to file type. They are actually zip files. Rename the file to .zip and then you can extract it and edit it. Just remember, when you zip it back up, don't zip the containing folder itself, just the stuff inside it.
    You literally summed up the complex instructions into something simple. Thank you. The process between extracting and renaming all goes smoothly. I copied the Georgian calendar code, made the appropriate name changes.. However, I must have missed something somewhere.. after putting that file back in its proper place, back in the proper format...the game no longer recognizes that modular. Luckily, I made a copy of the original, so reverting the damage was possible.. But I don't understand what I did wrong. I literally just copied an existing code, pasted it in its own section, right after </georgian> and all I did was change the names of the start of the new code to <ravnica> followed by the names of the month I wanted, then ended it with </ravnica> Like all the others are.
    Last edited by TheCosmicHand; September 9th, 2019 at 02:50.

Did you also make the appropriate changes in definition.xml?

You'll need to give it a new name. That way you should be able to use one or the other, depending on what you load.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Welcome to the forums @TheCosmicHand.

I recommend you post the .mod file you've created here so we can review and give you recommendations on the best ways to make it work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    As Trenloe says, please post the file. My bet is that you you zipped the containing folder FG won't recognize it if you selected the calendar folder and zipped the whole thing (EDIT: we've all done that at least once!

Hello The CosmicHand, and Welcome! to the Community.

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

You may also want to drop into the FG College; a great place for newcomers to get started.

And of course, there's plenty of Twitch Channels where you can watch games in progress (including my own - https://www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz - another Shameless™ Self Plug).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz