Thread: NPC initiative

NPC initiative

Do most use straight initiative when running 2E games or do you utilize the weapon and spell modifiers for NPC’s and players?

If deciding on straight initiate Is there a way to roll initiative for NPC’s using weapons without the weapon modifiers?
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

When I dm, I use weapons and spells modifiers por iniciative, even on paper.

Blog Entries
    A radial button we can click on NPCs and have the CT initiative use the speed modifier from that weapon automatically would be nice.
    DMing since 1979. Ultimate License holder.

Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Mon/Fri - on hiatus)
    * Temple of Elemental Evil - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Thursday - on hiatus)
    * 2e Greyhawk (Wednesday)

Thanks for 7+ years of gaming via FG my friends (2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

I use "generic" size based initiative for the bulk of my npcs and only roll individual initiative for special cases (casters or the "big bag"). Players use weapon and or cast speeds.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays

Thread Information