STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU and Gurps Ruleset

I know this is a bit premature since FGU beta has only just begun, but I think it might be a good idea to start a thread where those that wish to can discuss any ideas, problems regarding FGU and the Gurps Ruleset. I'm sure that Ronnke will be putting something out in good time, so maybe this thread will be helpful to him in some in some way.

I've applied the hotfix and its nice to see that it loads up! With that being said, I have noticed that the token are back to only having 8 increments of rotation instead of 16. I assume this must be related to the fact that at this point FGU does not support grids.

I haven't tried to pull in many extensions, but I do note that when I try to load up Gurps_4eTables, I get the following,

[11/6/2019 10:02:19 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [11/6/2019 10:02:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (Gurps_4eTableRolls): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 749, position 6.

I assume that might be a minor fix, though I haven't tried to do anything with it.

Does anyone else have anything to share?

Looks like a pretty easy error to fix - I'm not familiar with that extension though. Can you toss me a link? I might be able to make a quick hotfix for it.

From the GURPS stuff I'm just using the ruleset, from which I changed the fonts from fgf to ttf and the files that started with <-! instead of <! - the GURPS Core theme extension couldn't make it work, I know what goes wrong with it.
    Apart from the token scheme I changed the numbering, but I put everything 6 in the values ​​instead of 16 and the unit of measure scheme that appeared on the "maps" everything works perfectly.

I haven't done a lot of testing myself but after correcting the couple of comment fixes "<--!" vs "<!--" or whatever it was, I can't recall atm, i was able to load with a few TTF tag issues. I also needed to make a simple change to the Mod Maker program I wrote to be compatible. It was a minor format issue.

I agree however, I keep looking for a GURPS thread in the beta testing forum but haven't seen it yet.

The issue is that some older extensions and rulesets have comments encoded like this:

Code:
    <!--
        -- This is a comment
    -->
    According to the built-in parser for .Net which is used by FG (since it's built-in and we don't have to maintain) and which is a little stricter on enforcing valid XML, a "--" set of characters is not allowed within comments.

So it should be:
    Code:
    <!--
        This is a comment
    -->
    Once you make that change, that error will go away.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by DingoSoulEater View Post
    Looks like a pretty easy error to fix - I'm not familiar with that extension though. Can you toss me a link? I might be able to make a quick hotfix for it.
    Hrmm, I can't actually find here I got this from, it might be from quite some time ago. I think it is originally from Saithan, but it's sorta crazy because it doesn't look like my current version of FGC even sees it, but FGU does!

I just loaded it up because FGU listed it when I created a gurps test campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    I've applied the hotfix and its nice to see that it loads up! With that being said, I have noticed that the token are back to only having 8 increments of rotation instead of 16. I assume this must be related to the fact that at this point FGU does not support grids.
    So , replying to my own post. I see that this is not true. It was simply user error. FGU supports grids right out of the box, and I have 12 increments of rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    So , replying to my own post. I see that this is not true. It was simply user error. FGU supports grids right out of the box, and I have 12 increments of rotation.
    Hehe, it sounds like there should be some sort of connection with Kevin Bacon

I do have a GURPS 4E tables and it loads fine as far as I can tell. It might not be the same one you have however.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; November 8th, 2019 at 06:46.

The party sheet in tab order, in "map" area gives a erros message, the distance of hex between player and npc is calculated wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I do have a GURPS 4E tables and it loads fine as far as I can tell. It might not be the same one you have however.
    Did you have to make any changes to it to make it load?

Looking through it after I broke it open, I see Davinci's famous figure of a man, which used to be the result screen where the numbers for crippling injury thresholds were displayed. And I also see Saithan's name attached to the html.

Do you see any functionality added to your gurps ruleset? going off of memory, there should have been a calculator for falling damage, throwing things, and the crippling injury thresholds. I can't recall how I used to make it "do something".

Thread Information