5E Character Create Playlist

Request - Simple Theme for 5e (nothing exists for what I'm looking for)

Hello all!

Cody from Taking20 here. I have a theme request I'd love to get some help with.

Here's the skinny, I am not happy with any of the current themes for 5e, that's to say not COMPLETELY happy. There are some really great ones, but I am looking for a theme that very specifically hits all these check boxes:
    1. SMALL side buttons like either the new Pathfinder 2e rule set or the custom Curse of Strahd one I have seen here on the forums
    2. SMALL, CLEAN windows. Hate the default 5e with the dragon heads for sizing (visually, it's actually dope though), not happy with disable dragon heads extension, and the curse of strahd extension has these big honking boxes... HOWEVER, I love the boxes from "simple brown theme" & "Simple gray theme". These are perfect. I need my windows to stack cleanly. This author gets me!
    3. Clean or bright aesthetic for the background or even interchangeable background. Not a fan of leathers and woods, but I pretty much like the new PF 2e default, the wizards 5e background, the simple themes backgrounds... honestly, most of them.
    4. Clean or bright aesthetic for the boxes. Same thing for number 3.

Optional.
    1. DM/GM avatar. The curse of Strahd theme did this super cool and because I'm proficient with Photoshop, finding the file and replacing it was simple.
    2. Welcome message that can be customize with message and icon. Curse of Strahd theme did this again, and it was... neat and simple enough to adjust with my logo and a message.

So really the whole point is, I NEED to get me some small buttons. I cannot stand having big honking buttons that won't all fit on my side bar without adding a second row and thus getting cut off. Now that I'm playing PF2e as well, I sort of have my FG windowed over about 2.3 screens, just enough so I can have my buttons AND the chat box with the images/encounters/spells/etc all stacked. If I bounce between 5e and PF, I have to keep adjusting all my stuff every time, because 5e needs 2 rows for the damn buttons.

The curse of strahd extension is the closest I've found, but the rest of the aesthetics there are really clunky. I tried opening it up and adjusting, but to no avail.

Anyone able to help me out? It's be a huge favor ;-)

- Cody

Quote Originally Posted by dakotahorn View Post
    Optional.
    1. DM/GM avatar. The curse of Strahd theme did this super cool and because I'm proficient with Photoshop, finding the file and replacing it was simple.
    2. Welcome message that can be customize with message and icon. Curse of Strahd theme did this again, and it was... neat and simple enough to adjust with my logo and a message.
    Hi and welcome in the forums

For the first request, see this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Take the attached zip file and extract it in your extensions directory. Replace the icon in the included "icons" directory with the one you want to use. When you want to change your icon, restart your campaign, selecting "Replace GM Token" from the extensions list in the startup screen.

GM Icon.zip
    Do you need help for setting this up? Not sure if I understood your request correctly

For your second optional request the following extension might be interesting: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...OTD)-Extension

I do not have a theme for you, but, just in case, when you have all the assets on your own then this theme maker may be interesting for you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds

Best,

Kelrugem

Blog Entries
    Hey Cody, welcome to the forums. Nice to see you

I'm just learning FG coding myself so not going to be able to be much help. But, 2 things that might help.

First, the Message of the Day Extension sounds like something that will resolve one of your desires; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...OTD)-Extension

The second is the 5E Assets list. Not really a tutorial for creating themes, but a resource for doing so; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-5e-Themes

Finally, I think Damned (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jve_-QSoRCI) has done a video tutorial on creating a theme for MoreCore, which might be the closest/only tutorial on themes I'm aware.

Also, be aware that you'll have to create a theme extension for each ruleset, though much of the work should be similar/reusable.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I did the PF2E and Curse of Strahd themes but I have no time to take on another project right now - sorry...
    Oh - and welcome.

And there is a video - ignore the garish result - that is what was requested - but it will give you an idea - but also see this - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds

Blog Entries
    Welcome Cody,

I've got some time that I can help you. I'm also a fan of the smaller buttons, and it's actually going to be my next addon to my theme builder software.

Drop me a PM and we can discuss more details if your interested.

Wintermute

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Welcome Cody,

I've got some time that I can help you. I'm also a fan of the smaller buttons, and it's actually going to be my next addon to my theme builder software.

Drop me a PM and we can discuss more details if your interested.

Wintermute

You are the man! PMing now

Hello Cody and welcome to our forums!

It's not going to make the buttons smaller, but you might like this extension I wrote for changing the whole background for your games.
    It also removes the menu bar background, leaving only the buttons, making the interface look cleaner and less cluttered.

Have a look at the screenshots to see what it looks like, from a couple of campaigns I ran. The first two are from a buccaneers Savage Worlds one and the third is from an Egyptian style 5E campaign.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ground-Changer

I tend to change the background to reflect either where the players are or to set the general tone for what's going on in the game every few sessions.

- Styrmir
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; September 4th, 2019 at 02:44.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

If this theme is made somehow I'd love a link to it as well! Apparently Cody and I have the same tastes for our UI and HUDs

Thread Information