5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    The Adventure Lookup site you mention has a very good set of filters - just what we need here, in fact. I'd also like the filters to be persistent so I could modify my criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Segin View Post
    More so, the details of the items isn't ideal. Like in CnC, it is hard to tell which adventure belongs as part of a group of adventure path or in what world. Like it might be the second adventure of a three part adventure path set in the world of X, for levels 3-5, but finding any of that information is difficult, and mostly have to search the internet. So if I own the world Z and are looking for adventures set in that world, I have to research the internet before going to the shop. If I want to get the second part of an adventure path, I need to search other places, because its hard to tell from the shop information. Some are edited better than others.

Still, its not something that can't be overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    This isn't specific to Fantasy Grounds, but I find Adventure Lookup very useful for this kind of search. If you find an adventure you like there, then search for it specifically in the FG store or the other usual places like the DMs Guild. Even if you don't find a pre-made FG module, you can always convert it yourself.
    That's what I said. The best way to "solve" the issue is look other places than the FG Store, and find out what you want. Then look for it specifically, as best you can, in the FG store. If you know exactly what you want, you can usually find work arounds that allow you to find it in the FG Store. The only way to fix it to be better, rather than something to overcome, is to add the details of each item. Adventure? Check, CnC? Check, Levels 6-8? Check... etc.
    Last edited by Segin; November 4th, 2019 at 16:19. Reason: Clarity
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Can we maybe NOT show things that are already OWNED in the store? Or at least give us the option to not show them? It's just extra clutter and you already know we own it (because you mark it as owned).....should be relatively simple to do since you have all the info.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Having spent hundreds on fg store purchases over time...i really dont think the interface is that bad. I just use the filter and scroll to my selection. A context sensitive search would be cool. But I personally dont think it justifies developer time even remotely as a priority over unity and its releated features.

What im saying ...could the search be better...yes. but is the current one terrible..no.

So you scroll a little after you filter....big deal.

Blog Entries
    We also have to be able to test... so hiding owned products would have John and I with nothing showing in the stores whenever we were logged on.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We also have to be able to test... so hiding owned products would have John and I with nothing showing in the stores whenever we were logged on.
    Sounds like a developer-only problem...and why would you "Test" with your super user / admin account? Bad dev practice.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Having spent hundreds on fg store purchases over time...i really dont think the interface is that bad. I just use the filter and scroll to my selection. A context sensitive search would be cool. But I personally dont think it justifies developer time even remotely as a priority over unity and its releated features.

What im saying ...could the search be better...yes. but is the current one terrible..no.

So you scroll a little after you filter....big deal.
    Spent a couple pennies more than hundreds. It may be no "big deal" to you. Your opinion. Doesn't change mine. Thanks and have a great day
    aka Laendra

Blog Entries
    It's not likely to change. Sorry.

Thread Information