FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Update store organization

If possible I would like to see the store updated to be better organized. It is very hard to search through to find anything at all. I basically need to know the exact name of the book I want, and it seems if I don't type it in correctly it won't be found. It also makes browsing for specific rulesets rather difficult as well.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums

Have you tried using the filter? Just pull down the filter window (as shown) then select the ruleset you want. You can combine that with the other filters as well.
    Screen Shot 09-01-19 at 07.41 PM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have, but the filter doesn't work so great.

I've mentioned it before and I think someone said that they were aware of the issues, but they were somewhat stuck with the setup for such and such reason, for the time being, but it might be looked at, at some point. It's been a year ago when I asked about it, so I don't remember the details, but it was something along the lines of that if I remember correctly. But the store organization is poor and not intuitive. With practice, and patience, it can be overcome, for the most part.

More so, the details of the items isn't ideal. Like in CnC, it is hard to tell which adventure belongs as part of a group of adventure path or in what world. Like it might be the second adventure of a three part adventure path set in the world of X, for levels 3-5, but finding any of that information is difficult, and mostly have to search the internet. So if I own the world Z and are looking for adventures set in that world, I have to research the internet before going to the shop. If I want to get the second part of an adventure path, I need to search other places, because its hard to tell from the shop information. Some are edited better than others.

Still, its not something that can't be overcome.
    Last edited by Segin; September 2nd, 2019 at 07:30.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Blog Entries
    The issue is this, more or less;
    SmiteWorks is a small team, therefore they have to prioritize what they work on. They have prioritized for the last several years that all major efforts are towards their architecture change to a new platform/engine. (i.e. Unity). That this change is paramount to their growth and sustainability. Since FG Unity is scheduled for release this December, it is pretty easy to deduce that no changes to the Store will be forthcoming until 2020, at the earliest.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

For a small team, you guys sure put out the work. Thanks!
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Blog Entries
    What is an example of something specifically that you had a hard time finding? Perhaps we can suggest a way to locate it more easily in the future.

I'm not sure who you are directing that too. Probably not me... If not directed at me, then let me add a helpful suggestion:

My suggestion is to do the research outside the store list, and then when you know exactly what you want, look and try to find it in the store.

It might take some tweaking and patience, but if its there, you should be able to find it without too much trouble. And a look in the bundles where they are grouped together might be helpful too. It might not be a good browse and see whats available type store, but it works well enough for purchases.

For an example of current functionality: Put in CnC filter, Adventure filter with no other limiters. You would expect a list of CnC adventures. Of the first seven suggestions, 2 are adventures, the other things are worlds, towns, spells and other additions (which might have an adventure in them somewhere, but that isn't what they are). But it works well enough for people to purchase obviously, and that is the biggest thing.

What I like about the store is its history page, showing what you have purchased, when you purchased it, the Key for things that use key's are shown in your purchases. I like that... a lot.

Segin
    Last edited by Segin; September 3rd, 2019 at 01:42.

I agree, even when you know exactly what you're looking for, if you don't type it in search just right, doesn't work at all. The search bar is pretty broken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadelon View Post
    I agree, even when you know exactly what you're looking for, if you don't type it in search just right, doesn't work at all. The search bar is pretty broken.
    If you folks can provide several examples (one or two each) then I might be able to make some changes to improve that.

Thread Information