DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 24 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    I noticed that "Magic Missile" does the same 1D4+1 damage effect for all levels. Instead I would expect more dice+1 to be used. Unfortunately there is no multiplier field for the CL/SL part of damage, so we cannot automate the +2 Heighten = one more missile.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    If you got the (SR)Drag_n_Drop, that is the new one. Beyond that, this was the update for Classic (FGC) that I am hoping will also be usable in Unity. Not sure why you wouldn't be getting the new features, etc.

Has anyone else run into this with Classic?
    ALl is COOL man.

I was looking for "Animal Companions" and expected them to be in the Bestiary when in fact they were in Characters
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I noticed that "Magic Missile" does the same 1D4+1 damage effect for all levels. Instead I would expect more dice+1 to be used. Unfortunately there is no multiplier field for the CL/SL part of damage, so we cannot automate the +2 Heighten = one more missile.
    That is because each bolt of magic missile can hit a different target, so it's easier to just have the damage as one bolt and roll as many times as needed.

Yes and no. There is no need to have 5 entries of MM (1/3/5/7/9) if all of them do exactly the same thing. Additionally you might want to cast several missiles at the same target: "If you shoot more than one missile at the same target, combine the damage before applying bonuses or penalties to damage, resistances, weaknesses, and so forth."

I set up this instead:

The higher the spell level the longer the list gets: 1 = 1-3 D4, 3 = 1-6 D4, 5 = 1-9 D4, 7 = 1-12 D4, 9 = 1-15 D4. Players can delete entries they consider never to be used.

Version 14.1.1 released (see first page, first post)
    • Update to Animal Companion import character sheets to include information on advancement as well as some minor fixes/improvements.

So in doing the Bestiary tab version of Animal Companions, it became apparent that the information about advancing in levels or improving to Mature (as well as Nimble and Savage) was desired by my players who are using the Animal Companion character sheets that get imported. It also gave me the chance to fix a couple of minor issues as well as update the sheets to some of the new features.

So with the new version of the importable animal companions (which are importable by the GM only, as I found out, though they can then be "owned" by players interested in using them thereafter), you'll see new information on how to handle advancing in levels and features for these character sheet versions.

Here's a quick look at the Animal Companion: Cat character sheet:

Notes on how to update the companion sheet as it levels with the character can be found therein.

You might notice there is a small oddity in this which I discovered this morning. Hit points will automatically adjust with the increase in the "Animal Companion" level (found in the Class & Level hourglass pop-up box) only if you also have the Hit Point pop-up box open at the same time. This is obviously due to the fact that "Animal Companion" isn't a real class, but boosting this from level 1 to 2 (and so forth) will still increase all relevant fields that improve with increased level so it's a nice, easy way to get all the boosts to attack hit bonus, trained skills, armor proficiencies, saves, etc.

As always, let me know if you find anything out of sorts and I'll adjust the module accordingly.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I love all of this! Thanks for your tireless work.

I'm not familiar with how FGU updates, but am I correct in the assumption that modules aren't updated automatically? I would imagine it doesn't update existing characters, so if there were new effect or updated ones I would have to apply them to the character sheet manually?

Thanks for all the work! Makes running games so much more enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by thepope View Post
    I'm not familiar with how FGU updates, but am I correct in the assumption that modules aren't updated automatically? I would imagine it doesn't update existing characters, so if there were new effect or updated ones I would have to apply them to the character sheet manually?

Thanks for all the work! Makes running games so much more enjoyable!
    Yes, you have the right of it. This is because when it (a spell, etc) goes on the character it becomes the character's version, to be used, tweaked, updated, and so forth, for that character specifically. Unfortunately, that means when there's an update, especially for these community modules, there is a need to update the character's version as well (hopefully, any personal changes made aren't hard to recreate).

I am glad you are enjoying it! Someday, I hope most of what I have done becomes redundant, but for now, I am happy that people are finding these projects an enhancement to their games.

As always, if you find something this lacks and would further improve gameplay, feel free to suggest!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

It's noteworthy that anything drag & dropped to an F-key shortcut also becomes its own version. So you may have to update both the character sheet and shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    It's noteworthy that anything drag & dropped to an F-key shortcut also becomes its own version. So you may have to update both the character sheet and shortcut.
    It depends on what is added to the hotkey.

For example, if a spell from the core rules module is added to a hotkey, it's a link to the spell in the module. So if the spell in the module changes so does the data displayed when the hotkey is clicked. For example, this is the XML for a hotkey linked to a spell. Note that the shortbut datasource is a link to the Core Rules module:

Code:
    		<key number="4">
    			<description>Aberrant Whispers</description>
    			<icon>button_link</icon>
    			<dbref>reference.spells.aberrantwhispers@Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules</dbref>
    			<data>
    				<type>shortcut</type>
    				<slot number="0">
    					<shortcut>
    						<class>spelldesc</class>
    						<datasource>reference.spells.aberrantwhispers@Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules</datasource>
    					</shortcut>
    				</slot>
    			</data>
    		</key>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information