FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 22 of 24 First ... 122021222324 Last
    In working on the DnD Alchemist, I realized that making use of a Character Sheet for Familiar use is a bit more involved than the simplicity of just adding Drag n Drop actions or powers.

So with that in mind, I made an Instructional Video on how to make use of a Familiar as a Character Sheet. While this pertains specifically to the importable Character Sheet for the DnD Alchemist, it certainly can be applied to creating one from scratch.

YouTube Video on Alchemical Familiar Use
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

So Alchemist is done. Whew. There are a ton of formulas and I wanted to make sure they were even more uniformly created for in-game use. This also includes the Alchemical Familiar from the above video.

What made Alchemist a little (a lot) more complicated and time consuming is that I wanted to include all the formulas from all the available material that has come out since the CRB from a couple of years ago... and man, there was a lot. I believe there are more than 250 formulas available for use now (many of those, though, are just more advanced versions of the base item - but they still need differentiating on their effects, etc). Rather than try to explain everything that comes with the (SR) DnD Alchemist, I made a video to show what it contains and how to use it. Suffice to say, though, that between class features and power, feats, and finally all the formulas, there's a lot to the Alchemist that I hope makes game play a little easier for those to make use of this module.

Drag n Drop Alchemist (YouTube Video)

Enjoy!

PS: The Link to the Forge where the (SR) DnD Alchemist can be found is on the first post.

PPS: It should be noted that for non-Alchemists interested in using the Alchemical Items, like Alchemist's Fire or Tanglefoot Bags, the DnD Alchemist will cover the needs for anyone wanting automated use for all of those items.
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; September 9th, 2021 at 21:03.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

That's awesome, I have alchemist characters in both campaign's I'm running and they take way longer to get set up than any other class. This will be a massive help, thanks.

So I added a little more to the Actions and Skills module: it now includes the effects for Armor and Weapon Specialization. So within it, you'll now find a new category called (SR) DnD Armor and Weapons.

As I was working on the DnD Barbarian, it struck me that it would be nice to have those critical specialization effects, etc., available for quick use.

In other news:
    About a month ago or so, my laptop I do my development on blowed up which, needless to say, was a setback in my efforts to come out with material. I'm getting back on track by setting up my dev tools on my wife's PC, but that's not ideal. I hesitated to do this, but with the new Donate button on Forge, I guess I am going to swallow a little pride and reach out to the community for anyone able to give a little to the (SR) cause, so to speak. Again, this is only for those who can really afford to do so (I know that in our household, we don't have much to spare), so please only give if you have the means and the desire. It doesn't matter if it's $1, every little bit helps: I'll appreciate any amount.

Regardless, though, I am trying to get back on track and working on the Barbarian class currently. I'll be coming out with a video for it because there's a slight departure in how I am approaching the class accessory in hopes that it will make it even easier to use and apply Barbarian features and powers.

Enjoy!

Don't be ashamed to ask for donations.
    Considering the work you do for us it was a pleasure being able to help you out.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

The way I see it, you are definitely doing good enough work to get some of my money. I hope others who have some extra to spare will notice that too.

The (SR) DnD Barbarian should be out on the Forge relatively soon (there is a placeholder link on the first page that'll take you there when it's ready). In the meantime, here's a little YouTube video to describe some of the uses and changes for DnD Barbarian I employed in this latest release. Hope you enjoy!

(SR) DnD Barbarian YouTube Video

Quote Originally Posted by myyra View Post
    The way I see it, you are definitely doing good enough work to get some of my money. I hope others who have some extra to spare will notice that too.
    I really appreciate the thought. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by myyra View Post
    Already donated..... Couldn't agree more!
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Barbarian is live and available in the Forge. You can find the link on the front page.

PS: Appreciate the thought and generosity, Gwydion!

A new version of the Drag-n-Drop (DnD) Barbarian is out there. As mentioned in the new thread and video (you can find it here), this adds new automation, including creating the spellclass and populating it with the selected powers and class features as appropriate. You can still add the "spell powers" individually, as before, but the new DnD Barbarian should handle all of that, plus some new automation features, to the process.

Enjoy!

Thread Information