FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... Last

Pathfinder 2: Drag and Drop Actions, Powers, and Spells

Update (8/8/21):
    So, it's been a while since Drag-n-Drop (DnD) was released and I had always planned on revisiting it. Then I got busy. Real busy. Needing just a bit of a change of pace this weekend, I decided to take a quick look at this again and do what I had wanted to do quite a while ago: make it more modular. Create individual pieces of DnD that people can snag and use based on individual needs. The original will still be out here further down below, along with some instructions on how to use it.

(SR) Drag and Drop Series (modular)
    (SR) DnD Actions and Skill: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Dwarf: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Elf: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Gnome: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Goblin: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Halfling: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Human: Forge Item (free)
    (SR) DnD Versatile: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Companions: Forge Item (free) : (Video to Come)

(SR) Drag and Drop Series (modular) - The Classes
    (SR) DnD Alchemist: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Barbarian: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features
    (SR) DnD Bard: Forge Item (free) : Short Video on Module Use and Features

Deeper Instructional Videos
    YouTube Video on Familiar Use as a Character Sheet

It's good to be back after some time off for personal reasons. Seeing some of the comments here and getting a little more actual game time in gave me some new ideas for making this better. I appreciate all the feedback!

(SR) Drag N Drop for Pathfinder Second Edition: (SR)Drag_N_Drop.mod.

Version: 14.1.1 - Update to Importable Animal Companion character sheets to include information on leveling and companion advancements.

Version: 14.1 - Update to Spells to reflect those that can take advantage of the Spell Level feature. Added Animal Companions Bestiary Entries. Adjustment to Alchemical Bombs with Splash to include the splash with the initial target (thanks Weissrolf for pointing out the usefulness of this). Fixed Entries that had been adjusted by the Errata.

Version: 14.0 - Revamp of Spells underway (through 6th-level spells, plus heightened versions). All-in-One Classes done. Use of Spells Tab for Drag-n-Drop actions, class features, etc., for the classes and actions I have needed up to this point. Added Deity and Faith Section including Domain table for domain powers gained. Added some template character sheets for different transformations. This means you can have an importable character sheet for things like Insect Form or Animal Form.

Move the above download (.mod) to your modules directory in the Fantasy Grounds AppData folder. From there, you can simply open up the module once in game. I made this a Players Module, too, so that players can make use of it as well, though it's ALWAYS a good idea to ask the GM if they don't mind using it beforehand.

So, in an effort to make life easier when it came to having abilities and power ready for use and implementation in my games. To facilitate this, I worked on revamping all the Spells, Focus Spells, Rituals, and created All-in-One Characters for Each Class (still in progress). To make this easier to employ, I started making heavy use of the SPELLS TAB.

Here are some Posts on the use of the Module:
    Guide to Spell Tab Use
    Adding Powers Tabs
    Weapon Tab Actions
    Forms and Companions
    Animal Companions on the CT from the Bestiary Tab

To be clear, the old system of loading the All-in-One Characters is still valid. What this allows is to drag specific abilities, powers, spells, etc., with their completed attack, damage, heal, effect actions associated with them to a creature or character's spell/action tab. My personal suggestion is to use the powers/spells/abilities from the Spells Tab, but you can still import the all-in-one characters.

For starters, open up the Characters Tab.. it should look like this (this is for the GM only):

At the bottom of the Character Selection screen is a highlighted blue up-arrow that is identified as Import Character. Clicking that will bring up the following screen:

Clicking that Add Character will import the character from the drag-n-drop module. This means that when you head back to the Character Selection Screen, All-in-One Alchemist (in this case) will now be available for use.

This doesn't mean it takes care of everything. You still have to set things like Caster Level, Damage Dice (for things like Breath Weapon), the DC, etc, but the structure to do so will all be there easily changed. It's what I use for the Bestiary I worked on and it makes changing, updating, or creating creatures easy. The All-in-One Class sheets allow me to quickly add a feature or power to a character (such as an Alchemist) so that it has it ready for use on the Actions Tab. So the Alchemist who wants the Lesser versions of Acid Splash and Tanglefoot Bag can simply add them to their character sheet and the attacks and effects (damage, persistent, splash, Speed Penalty, etc.) are all there ready for use.

It's still a work in progress (as seen there, I don't have every Formula in the alchemist yet), and I skip some spells or powers that really need no effects of action tab (detect magic or uncanny bombs for example), as well as some powers that change others (so someone with Feral Mutagen would need to change the current effects for the Bestial Mutagen entries including the Claw and Jaw items that are in there for drag and drop).

I hope this helps out some in their quest to get the most out of Fantasy Grounds! Enjoy!

Possibly Unnecessary
    (SR-U) Drag N Drop for Pathfinder Second Edition in Unity: (SR-U) Drag_N_Drop.mod. (Version 14.0)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; October 26th, 2021 at 20:43.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I would definitely be interested! Looks amazing and sexy!

I haven't explored very much, since the PF2 has come out. Work has kept me tied up. I have tried creating a few characters. I can't seem to find where to put the Alchemist formulas at. What you have in your image looks great from that stand point. I would love to see that implemented.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Yes, i would very much be interested in this. Would be very helpful.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

add me as interested as well

This would be a great starting point

This would be amazing
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

The first version of the Drag-n-Drop mod file is out there to download (see first post).

I'd like to also take a moment to help with how to use the these action resources effectively, especially for those of you who might be still discovering all the wonderful things Fantasy Grounds can do.

I want to go over, in case it's new to some people, is how to set up an Action Tab item for using these fields. It's not too hard, but it does require a little explanation. On My New Alchemist, there's the Action Tab (bottom right side) - this is where most of the "magic" happens. For this alchemist, I want to create a Formula's Known "book" to start. To do this, I click on the little brown circled slash at the bottom right. It's titled Edit List:

This will bring up, directly left of where you just clicked, 3 new blue buttons (sword, star, F) that allows the addition of a new category to the Actions Tab on the character. Click the Add Spell Class (blue star) button. Then click the brown circled slash to close the edit list option.

There are a few key fields you'll want to then fill out initially before you start drag and dropping items (in this case, formulas). Give the "book" a name, set the primary ability, proficiency, class level, and I set level 0 field to 1 (because the level 0 spells don't disappear and it really doesn't matter if you have them matched up to the number that's actually there).

Once that is done, you'll have the following (showing initial fields to update on the left and how I did this character after updating those fields to the right):

Now we're ready to drag and drop. From here on out, it's pretty simple. Figure out what you want to add to the character, and then simply drag it onto the Level 0 Bar of the new "Formula Book" to add it to "My New Alchemist". I also suggest setting Display to Actions (bottom of the character sheet) on the full character.

So in this case, the new Mutagenist gets his 4 formulas to start. He decides he wants his two mutagens to be Bestial Mutagen (Lesser) and Juggernaut Mutagen (Lesser), along with his two open formulas which he decides upon Alchemist's Fire and Frost Vile (both Lesser). To get this into his book (note: Juggernaut is not in the mod yet, so that's not there to drag and drop.. it would have to be added manually at this point until I update the file), it's just a matter of grabbing the little Red Box on the right side of the entry you want and dragging it over to drop it onto the location you want it stored at. As such:

One thing I want to point out about this particular mutagen. I've added two items to it that allow for quick inclusion of the new attacks that come with the Bestial Mutagen: the Claw and Jaw attacks. I circled their item entries on the image as well. To add these new attacks to the character, simply take those two items and add them to the inventory sheet. This will then create the action tab entries for each attack. Don't forget, though, to put in the Proficiency bonus (such as Trained) into the combat field to give the attacks their proper attack ratings.

The final product for this new alchemist should look something like this:

Things like quick access to demoralization, sneak attacks, bonus initiatives, etc., can all be done with the actions tab and quick use items. Hopefully, what I have done so far is enough impetus to allow people to run with what is there and add to it on their own.

I'll continue to update this as well over time.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Who are you?!? Your great, thats what.

Thank you for putting this fix in (along with the explanations for the commoners).

Segin
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Thread Information