STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

End Tag Error when Customizing Charactersheet

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. I'm working on making a custom character sheet for CoreRPG and after some minor modifications and am getting an error when loading the campaign.
    XML Parse error ... campaign/record_char.xml - Error on line 106: Error reading end tag.
    Line 106 is simply the end close
    Code:
    		</sheetdata>
    The only section I've modified/added is;
    Code:
    			<frame_char name="overviewframe">
    				<bounds>15,20,-140,45</bounds>
    			</frame_char>
    			<string_labeled name="name">
    				<anchored to="overviewframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,10" width="150" height="20">
    					<right offset="-15" />
    				</anchored>
    				<labelres>char_label_name</labelres>
    			<string_labeled name="designation">
    				<anchored to="name" position="right" offset="5,0" width="175" />
    				<labelres>char_label_designation</labelres>
    			</string_labeled>
    Basically all I'm trying to do is split the name field into two sections so I added a width to the first one and placed the second part.

I've added the string "designation" to the strings_campaign.xml including;
    Code:
    	<string name="char_label_designation">DESIGNATION</string>
    I'm guessing their is some LUA I'm missing, but don't know where to look. Find in Files hasn't given me anything.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am not that proficient with that things but it looks like that there is one
    Code:
     </string_labeled>
    missing, isn't it? (for the first string_labeled )

An end tag error means something hasn’t been closed somewhere.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Yep, that was it. Thanks!

Correct code is;
    Code:
    			<frame_char name="overviewframe">
    				<bounds>15,20,-140,45</bounds>
    			</frame_char>
    				<anchored to="overviewframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,10" width="150" height="20">
    					<right offset="-15" />
    				</anchored>
    			</string_labeled>	
    				<anchored to="name" position="right" offset="5,0" width="175" />
    			</string_labeled>

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Well, not the correct code, the anchor tag isn't right.

This code is improved, but one can see that the horizontal line for the second field isn't there. Help appreciated
    Screen Shot 09-01-19 at 03.02 PM.PNG

Code:
                    <anchored to="overviewframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,10" width="150" height="20" />
                </string_labeled>    
                    <anchored to="name" position="right" offset="5,0" width="100" >
                        <right offset="-15" />
                    </anchored>
                </string_labeled>

I just looked in some code for similar things in the 3.5e sheet and I guess your problem is the part with right offset Rather try:

Code:
        <anchored to="overviewframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,10" width="150" height="20" />
    </string_labeled>
        <anchored to="name" position="right" offset="5,0" width="100" />
    </string_labeled>
    This maybe resolves the problem The code I took as a reference was the notes section in the character sheet in 3.5e about age, gender etc.. This looks like:

Code:
    <string_labeled name="gender">
                    <anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,10" width="50" height="20" />
                    <labelres>char_label_gender</labelres>
                </string_labeled>
                <string_labeled name="age">
                    <anchored to="gender" position="right" offset="5,0" width="50" />
                    <labelres>char_label_age</labelres>
                </string_labeled>
                <string_labeled name="height">
                    <anchored to="age" position="right" offset="5,0" width="50" />
                    <labelres>char_label_height</labelres>
                </string_labeled>
                <string_labeled name="weight">
                    <anchored to="height" position="right" offset="5,0" width="50" />
                    <labelres>char_label_weight</labelres>
                </string_labeled>
                <string_labeled name="size">
                    <anchored to="weight" position="right" offset="5,0" width="60" />
                    <labelres>char_label_size</labelres>
                </string_labeled>
                <string_labeled name="alignment">
                    <anchored to="size" position="right" offset="5,0" width="80" />
                    <labelres>char_label_alignment</labelres>
                </string_labeled>
                <string_labeled name="deity">
                    <anchored to="alignment" position="right" offset="5,0" width="80" />
                    <labelres>char_label_deity</labelres>
                </string_labeled>
    When I understand it correctly this does exactly what you want to do (but for a different situation), but the right offset is never used Thus, my suggestion in the first code box

EDIT: Just tried your method with that 3.5e example for the Deity line, then also its line has vanished; so the problem might really be that right offset
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 2nd, 2019 at 00:04.

Blog Entries
    Thanks I should have caught that. I was taking the multiple entries in one line/frame from the character notes of CoreRPG. It shows the same things you showed. The anchored tag was part of the original for the Name field on the header and I kept it simple because I didn't know to remove it

Trying to look through the RefDocs to figure it out, but should have just experimented more

Really appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks I should have caught that. I was taking the multiple entries in one line/frame from the character notes of CoreRPG. It shows the same things you showed. The anchored tag was part of the original for the Name field on the header and I kept it simple because I didn't know to remove it

Trying to look through the RefDocs to figure it out, but should have just experimented more

Really appreciate your help.
    You're welcome I also do not really know what this right offset is doing in that situation

Blog Entries
    @Kelrugem,
    Wanted to thank you again for your help. Have made a lot of progress (imo) so far. Certainly not 'fancy' and not done, but here's what I've got so far.
    Screen Shot 09-02-19 at 09.08 AM.PNGScreen Shot 09-02-19 at 09.08 AM 001.PNG

You're welcome Looks nice so far I also learned a bit by helping you, my next extension for 3.5e changes also a bit in the character sheet such that my new knowledge by this thread may help me, too

Thread Information