FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SFS #1-26: Truth of the Seeker SAT September 7th @ 6 PM GMT

Due to Malkavian_Andi running #1-32: Acts of Association SUN September 8th @ 3 or 4 PM GMT, I'm trying to run #1-26 on SAT again.

Tier 3-6, subtier will depend on the players. Make sure to decide on a reasonable subtier.

As this is a higher tier scenario please be aware that anything can happen, so prepare accordingly: The training wheels are off.

It does contain some (minor) spoilers for #1-99.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3-6.

A prominent Starfinder Society leader that was only just rescued from a year of imprisonment has gone into hiding. Brought together to find this leader, the PCs must explore the kasatha colony ship, Idari, for information on where their target has hidden. From the heart of the Pact Worlds to the very edge of a dangerous stellar phenomena, it's up to the PCs to learn the history of the lost leader and return him safely to the Society.

Truth of the Seeker directly follows-up on the events of Starfinder Society #1-99: The Scoured Stars Invasion, though playing the previous scenario is not required.

Written by Shahreena Shahrani

Scenario Tags: Faction (Second Seekers [Jadnura])

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar, stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annnouncements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.
    Last edited by stephan_; September 4th, 2019 at 12:51.

I'm in with Jason!
    “When you're backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    ― Harvey Specter

Last edited by duhwoo; September 5th, 2019 at 15:30.

Currently unfortunately still only 2 signups. If there are no further signups until 24 hours before the game, I'll cancel it at that point.

Some regular or semi-regular players are unfortunately not available this week.

The underlying problem is that the amount of SFS scenarios not yet played by most regular players is pretty small (especially with tier 3-6 scenarios that are currently needed to get more people for the higher tier games).

I could play if it makes the difference for a legal table but will have an interruption at 2 points to drop and pick my daughter up from an event.

If you can make it (even with interruptions), great, if not, also no problem!

For me, an earlier start time (3 or 4 pm UTC) would be better. Also, I don't have a level 3 character yet - but hopefully at some point

Starting times: Basically the issue is timezones.

For me specifically, it resolves to this:

If players in American timezones and European timezones are involved, there are a total of 4 timeslots on the weekend (2 on SAT, 2 on SUN).

A 1 PM UTC starting time is just barely late enough for East Coast players (and already causes issues for West Coast players).

A three hour game is possibly doable with APs but does cause them to take longer so it's not optimal in the long run, with SFS scenarios, 4 hours is usually a good guess (some take only around 3 hours, some as much as 5 hours). At least 30 minutes between sessions is usually heavily recommended to keep the GM sane, 1 hour is more reasonable (but might still cause issues at times) due to things not running smoothly, breaks, ...

So a total of 4+1 hours before the second game works under most circumstances.

That means at least most of the time, a 6 PM UTC is the next viable choice (and pretty much the latest time European players can usually do without problems for a 4 hour game).

It is possible to schedule it a bit in advance (e.g. by shortening the first session due to players missing) but not by much.

A starting time of 3-4 PM UTC works perfect for one slot but basically prohibits any other game that day (at least with players in American timezones).

So it's really nobody's fault but timezones pose a major problem when scheduling games on the weekend and limit the choices drastically.
    Last edited by stephan_; September 6th, 2019 at 12:55.

Due to my regular SF AP game being canceled due to lack of players, I could run the SFS game 1-3 hours earlier if it would be more convenient for everyone signed up.

If you start earlier (the earlier the better; 3 hours earlier / 3 pm UTC would be great), I might take part but would have to play a pregen; it would be level 4 Soldier (Obozaya).

Do you have the pregens for FG or would I have to create her myself?

Would you still need the last chronicle sheet for my “real” character? ( 2361203-701, Mayakeshmiyutra “Maya”, Exo-Guardians)
    Last edited by mizinamo; September 7th, 2019 at 14:58.

Thread Information