Blog Entries

Including Tokens in a Ruleset

What is the standard or best practice for locating tokens (i.e. things that show up in the token bag) in a ruleset? I've found that CoreRPG has a "./tokens" and a "./graphics/token" folder, but neither seems to have default PC/NPC tokens in them.

Current Projects: Ultimate Undermountain (NYDUM)
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets
    DMsGuild Content: Balance Disturbed (Adventure), Dungeon Room Descriptions
    FG Product Reviews: Virtual Scribe Reviews

Tokens should only be included in a ruleset if they are part of the functionality of the ruleset (such as playing cards for SW).

For tokens you want to just make available with a ruleset as extra options for players, they should be stored in a token module.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Yea, understood. I'm still debating if I should make them as a module or just include them in the ruleset. I can't see using the ruleset without them, but I guess its' possible (though more likely someone would just replace them with their own). So at the moment I was going to include them in the ruleset.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yea, understood. I'm still debating if I should make them as a module or just include them in the ruleset. I can't see using the ruleset without them, but I guess its' possible (though more likely someone would just replace them with their own). So at the moment I was going to include them in the ruleset.
    I've included a set of tokens with Mongoose Traveller/Mongoose Traveller2E, and then for 1E had another 2 sets as Token Modules.

Blog Entries
    So, back to the question What folder do ruleset tokens get placed into?

I can't directly answer that as my tokens are added to the Reference Manual which is built using a special tool. Sorry! I hope that someone else can directly answer.

Cheers,
    MBM

Blog Entries
    FYI, experimentation shows that the './tokens' folder is where any tokens will show up in the Ruleset tokens bag.
    Note that you must Exit the campaign and restart it, the '/reload' command is not sufficient.

Thread Information